• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think you got the good ones right in the above posts.
    There is another off college ave and about 42 nd street that does the butcher paper and everything. One in terra huate on the north side that does the butcher paper stuff also. The one in terra haute is worth checking out.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've had GT Souths a few times and they're pretty good, for BBQ in Indy. I'll second Kings ribs, too. They make a decent BBQ. A down in the hood kinda 'Que. They have a place over near the fairgrounds.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Does anyone have any experience with the jerk BBQ "place" on Keystone? I say "place" because it's mostly just a grill in a parking lot, but they are out there just about every day...something tells me it's excellent.

ETA: Jamaican Style Jerk - Indianapolis, IN

This is the place I'm referring to. Good reviews, anyone here?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Does anyone have any experience with the jerk BBQ "place" on Keystone? I say "place" because it's mostly just a grill in a parking lot, but they are out there just about every day...something tells me it's excellent.

Is that the Jamaican Grill place? All painted up? I've been meaning to stop in but haven't yet. I also have been really intrigued with a place right near there called "Word of Mouth". Not a 'Q place, but always seems to be a crowd there. Can't quite discern if it's a restaurant, bar or some other type of establishment...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Is that the Jamaican Grill place? All painted up? I've been meaning to stop in but haven't yet. I also have been really intrigued with a place right near there called "Word of Mouth". Not a 'Q place, but always seems to be a crowd there. Can't quite discern if it's a restaurant, bar or some other type of establishment...

That's the place. I'm gonna try to stop and get some of the jerk chicken this week.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Squealers. . . . . . .meh!

Never been to Kings, GT South. . . . .meh!!

And squealers is only 5 minutes from the house.

Squealers IMHO is the worst I have ever been to for ribs. Heck the first time I ever cooked
    ribs on my propane grill is better than the lone good rack I got from them.

3 out of the 4 times me and my family ate there, their ribs was hideous. 2 times they was undercooked
    to the point that they was no where near done, but they tried to say "Smoked ribs will have a pink look to them".
    I stuck my finger in between the bones and asked if that also meant as cold as my soft drink also.

I got a :n00b: look, and asked them to bring out a meat thermometer, temp did not even hit 135 both times.
    The 3rd bad rack was burnt to a crisp so bad that there was more bones showing than meat.

I'll buy ribs off of a Deaf, Dumb, Blind kid that's never cooked anything before I ever step foot in there again.

Had some ribs that was supposed to be from City BBQ that was good, there also used to be a guy on Pendelton Pike between
    Franklin and Post Road named Andre that sold ribs that a ton of us from Monarch Beverage bought from that was decent.

Top Bottom