• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tblosl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Evansville
    I am pretty new to this sight, but not to carrying. I am just curious what other people carry. For instance in addition to my wallet and keys I always have my handgun, spare mag, and pocket knife on me. I try to travel light yet be as prepared as possible. Any feedback would be appreciated.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In addition to my handgun (not technically IN a pocket):
    Keys, wallet, pocket knife, flashlight, lighter (I don't smoke, though), and cell phone.

I don't like a lot of stuff "on" me. The above feels like too much sometimes. Someone on here has a BOB-in-a-can that is pretty cool, though. Basically an Altoids tin with a mini-bob inside. Compact and pretty useful.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Including belt stuff:
    handkerchief, cash (never in the wallet), 2 pens, 1 mechanical pencil, things-to-do list, wallet with the usual stuff and including a needle, 2 pins and some dental floss (carried since before our children were born to tie off umbilical cord if necessary), Leatherman Wave, Streamlight Pro-Tac 2AA light, cell phone, and a Hamilton 992 (double roller, gold center wheel). Oh, and keys.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Right now, the only thing (clipped) in my pocket is a folding knife. Everything else is next to me on the desk. I hate having pockets full of stuff while sitting.

Wallet, keys, and phone are the things that sometimes reside in pockets.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Has anyone read "The Hobbit"?

The title of this thread made me think of the riddle game that Bilbo played with Gollum.

What have I got in my pocket?

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    always have keys, wallet, phone, flashlight, pen, knife and beretta.

usually have except at work, screwdriver, multitool, first aid basics, fire starter (flint), flash drive, extra batteries, and whistle. all that fits in a maxpeddition mini which slides in a cargo or back pocket

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @ CPT Nervous:
    :naughty::scared:

I'm OCD and have raging eczema on my hands, so I have a pair of cuticle scissors, finger nail clippers, convex toenail clippers, and a razor knife in my left pocket and two pens in my right. One's a Pierre Cardin that I picked up at the school library I worked at lo these many moons ago. Writing with it is a pleasure. The other's a pencam that I bought not realizing it lacked audio capability so I'm now looking for another $50 8 GB pen cam WITH audio.

Keys and wallet go in the purse.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Fenix flashlight, Gerber folding knife, cellphone, wallet and of course "what's my my wallet?" My Capital One card.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    No pockets right now, typically though it's: chapstick, swiss army knife, wallet, cellphone. I hate having full pockets and I don't have my MO ccw yet. Waiting on our baby to be born so my wife and I can take it together.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Flashlight(s), pocket tool, pocket knives (up to 3), matches/lighter, 2 spare mags, phone. Various other small tools, pen, tweezers, mini-pocket tool, needles, thread, wire, button compass, flint sparker, bandaids.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Why a lighter if you don't smoke? I can only conceive of a few rare instances of needing a lighter.

For me it's a leatherman wave(use it a LOT), flashlight(use a lot also), defensive folder, keys, telephone, wallet, and a speedstrip or dump pouch if I'm carrying a wheelgun.

Why, in case Cameron Diaz or Kiera Knightly stop by and ask for a light for their cigarette, naturally. Or you could stop by the Survival Forum and get some other ideas.

shannonneumann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Today, it's a wallet, pen, keys, swiss army knife, gerber folder, LCP (not in a pocket, but IWB), and 2 spare mags. The setup varies a little depending on what pistol I'm carrying, but it's pretty representative.

Top Bottom