• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I guess I am young and did not know the rules. :):

Typically, I drink it out of the bottle. Sure, with a nipple.
    The glass you are using was developed in Germany to drink Weisen Beers from which are a wheat beer brewed under the Reinheitsgebot (Purity Law) the Law originated in 1687, although there are examples of it that date back to 1487 concerning the Standards of Beer. Which allowed only the ingredients of Water Barley and hops to be used. The current version allows yeast, wheat malt, and can sugar are now also included as ingredients in a Beer.

Budweiser also has Rice in the formulation, so by definition is not really even a Beer...

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Not sure which is funnier to me...
    The Budweiser is a Strong Beer insinuation...
    Or Budweiser in a Weisen glass...
    To me, it's the Budweiser is a strong beer insinuation.

To those who don't know-

The etching on the glass represents the fact that at the Class 6 on base here in Utah, "Strong Beer" is a required sticker on all beer. It's just regular beer to everyone else. The "**** pot" is an AMMO reference. (2W0X1 career field, USAF)
    In this case, I hope to get my hands on a glass like that. It wouldn't quite fit my shot glass collection, but whatever. :D
    The glass you are using was developed in Germany to drink Weisen Beers from which are a wheat beer brewed under the Reinheitsgebot (Purity Law) the Law originated in 1687, although there are examples of it that date back to 1487 concerning the Standards of Beer. Which allowed only the ingredients of Water Barley and hops to be used. The current version allows yeast, wheat malt, and can sugar are now also included as ingredients in a Beer.

Budweiser also has Rice in the formulation, so by definition is not really even a Beer...
    And now I have learned something. Thanks! I don't drink beer, never "acquired" the taste for it.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana

Well thanks for the info! :)

To me, it's the Budweiser is a strong beer insinuation.

In this case, I hope to get my hands on a glass like that. It wouldn't quite fit my shot glass collection, but whatever. :D

And now I have learned something. Thanks! I don't drink beer, never "acquired" the taste for it.

The glass was a limited edition deal for a combined 388th/429th/649th/Retired AMMO Call in 2010. ;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Arcadia London Porter.

PS - F the Reinheitsgebot

PPS - Budweisser (and its ilk) are brewed and fermented as very strong beers and then watered down prior to bottling. Check out the High Gravity Brewing process. The advantage is that they use less energy and have smaller (well, fewer) fermentation tanks.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Arcadia London Porter.

PS - F the Reinheitsgebot

PPS - Budweisser (and its ilk) are brewed and fermented as very strong beers and then watered down prior to bottling. Check out the High Gravity Brewing process. The advantage is that they use less energy and have smaller (well, fewer) fermentation tanks.

I may not be very cultured but it still tastes good to me. Then again, I do like PBR LOL.

I did have a bottled beer in Germany that was delicious as well but I have forgotten the name. :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now it's Short's Publican Porter
    (I'm trying to master brewing London porters)

I may not be very cultured but it still tastes good to me. Then again, I do like PBR LOL.

I did have a bottled beer in Germany that was delicious as well but I have forgotten the name. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with German beer -[STRIKE] I [/STRIKE] My wife just finished ten gallons of Dunkelweissen and Weizenbock :xmad:

The problem is that it forces German brewers to conform to a law that was created long before the knowledge of yeast! American brewers can just make what they want - no rules about region specialties or limits on adjuncts or spices. The younger generation of Germans are tired of the same beers - Oktoberfest from Munich. Berlinerweisse, Dortmunder, etc. they (like Americans) want beer that expands their palette. The german beer industry is in a state of decay and scrapping the Reinheitsgebot is the first step to recovery.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    Dang!
    I'll just cry over my captain & coke now. :)

I could let you drink out of one of the two if that would help LOL!

Now it's Short's Publican Porter
    (I'm trying to master brewing London porters)

There's nothing wrong with German beer -[STRIKE] I [/STRIKE] My wife just finished ten gallons of Dunkelweissen and Weizenbock :xmad:

The problem is that it forces German brewers to conform to a law that was created long before the knowledge of yeast! American brewers can just make what they want - no rules about region specialties or limits on adjuncts or spices. The younger generation of Germans are tired of the same beers - Oktoberfest from Munich. Berlinerweisse, Dortmunder, etc. they (like Americans) want beer that expands their palette. The german beer industry is in a state of decay and scrapping the Reinheitsgebot is the first step to recovery.

Makes sense.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hateful ain't ya... :D

P.S. The Arcadia London Porter meets the Reinheitsgebot by the way... :popcorn:

The Reinheitsgebot isn't the full problem, it's the whole regional beers and other restrictions. They faced the same problem with their wine. Their rating system was based solely on sugar content (Kabinett, Spatlese, etc.). It wasn't until they started to follow the Italian DOC/DOCG labelling that they could complete, and market, with producing decent dry wines. FYI, The EU is part of the problem, too. The EU seems set on promoting regional / cultural specialties over anything else (Catalan, anyone?)

Heck, the farthest I stray from the Reinheitsgebot is Jalapenos or some lactose in my brews (not together!). Oh, and cedar chips, does that count? I think I'll make a cedar IPA this weekend...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You are aware that the Reinheitsgebot is no longer part of German Law, and has not been since like 1987. They now follow the Provisional German Beer Law which was adopted, I think in 1993. Which really just sets Standards for what A brewer may call a the styles of Beers. The Brewers can use almost ingredient they choose to, unless they wish to label the Beers by specific styles like a Hefeweizen, Kristallweizen, Pilsner, etc, etc. If they want those labels on there Beers they have to follow the standards for those styles. If they do not want to Label the beer under the traditional style names they can do what ever they wish...

Top Bottom