Combat Rifle Championships Photopage

YouTube - ACTS Combat Rifle Championship 2009 Mixtape

3718847275_ba43d9f98c_o.jpg

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    this year we had 5 guns on the table from smith wesson and another 5k in prizes

all you need a carbine and handgun

2nd sat of every month

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Looks silly to me.

Under what real world situation would you be doing a driveby from a moving vehicle? Without getting whacked from those unarmed defenseless paper targets. I suppose they represent armed and shooting individuals? And they will just stand there and let you shoot them and then throw your empty mag into the dirt while you fumble your reload? And leave your mag behind with a full finger and handprint behind....

Let the flames begin.

I just don't understand this concept that using a rifle at pistol distances somehow equates to combat riflery. Unless you have a squad of real Marines backing you up as you duke it out with the bad guys going room to room clearing houses and such.

As for me, I hope the bad guys they never see me or can tell where the single shot came from, that put the bad guy down. Hopefully I can make that shot from a long ways away...

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just don't understand this concept that using a rifle at pistol distances somehow equates to combat riflery.

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a game. That's why its in the Shooting Sports forum. Its a competition where the guy with the highest score wins. Its not training for actual combat.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Yes sir, you are absolutely correct that it is a GAME. I will be quiet now.

I will probably self enforce a non-looking rule on this type post so I don't cause unneeded problems for those interested in playing games.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Steve,

I still plan on being up there for the match in August. Hopefully I will be able to drag a few from the board with me.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Looks silly to me.

Under what real world situation would you be doing a driveby from a moving vehicle?

MAYBE ILL ASK THE CONTRACTORS WE HAVE SHOOTING WITH US OR THE
    mil/leo GUYS WITH THE COMBAT EXPERIANCE. THAT HAVE HAD TO DO JUST SUCH.

Without getting whacked from those unarmed defenseless paper targets. I suppose they represent armed and shooting individuals? And they will just stand there and let you shoot them

YOU WANT TO PAY THE 5K FOR US TO HAVE THE MOVING CARRIER SYSTEMS BE MY GUEST.

and then throw your empty mag into the dirt while you fumble your reload? And leave your mag behind with a full finger and handprint behind.... AH YES TINFOIL TIME.

Let the flames begin.

I just don't understand this concept that using a rifle at pistol distances somehow equates to combat riflery. Unless you have a squad of real Marines backing you up as you duke it out with the bad guys going room to room clearing houses and such.

SINCE WE HAVE A LOT OF REAL MARINES ARMY NAVY AND AF GUYS WHOM SHOT WITH US AND MANY COMBAT DECORATED I WOULD STFU

HUMM AGAIN NO REAL IDEA DO YOU
    MOST FIGHTS THAT HAVE OCCURED WITH CARBINES NOT RIFLES CUPCAKE, HAVE BEEN AT DISTANCE UNDER 100 YARDS AND ALOT UNDER 50, CARBINE/RIFLES KILL BETTER THAN HANDGUNS

As for me, I hope the bad guys they never see me or can tell where the single shot came from, that put the bad guy down. Hopefully I can make that shot from a long ways away...

IN YOUR HAPPY PLACE MAYBE. IN FRONT OF THE SAFETY OF YOUR COMPUTER SINCE YOU WILL NE BE JUSTIFIED IN A COURT OF LAW SHOOTING A PERSON AT DISTANCE FROM YOUR ROOF TOP

ITS A GAME THAT MAKES THE SHOOTERS USE COVER AND TACTICS AND TECHNIQUE NOT RUN AND GUN GAME GEAR OR BOXES.(NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT I DO BOTH,

but guess what superhero.......it a game for fun and to practice what you have learned in training and more. to do real transition work not tubes or tables to dump guns its a good time for friends to come shoot and hangout.:draw:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looks silly to me.

Under what real world situation would you be doing a driveby from a moving vehicle? Without getting whacked from those unarmed defenseless paper targets. I suppose they represent armed and shooting individuals? And they will just stand there and let you shoot them and then throw your empty mag into the dirt while you fumble your reload? And leave your mag behind with a full finger and handprint behind....

Let the flames begin.

What these games do a really, really, REALLY good job of is reinforce gun handling skills. Engaging multiple targets, transitions, reloading, etc. all while under the clock.

Feedback often given by military and LE personnel about how these games you thumb your nose at differ from combat is that the games are, oddly enough, more stressful. Stress is good. Stress teaches us. Stress makes us better.

I can solve this problem faster than you can.

Top Bottom