• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Your neighbors right to not hear your gun and be hit by your stray bullets trumps your right to shoot your guns.

Because they were shooting at their neighbor without a backstop?

I hope you're missing a lot of purple. If not purple was intended, am I allowed to complain about farmers harvesting their crops? They create a lot of dust/noise, and when harvesting by the road, my car has been hit by corn stalks/husks several times.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I would have taken my lead from the property owner which is what you did. When the lady starts out the conversation stating that you spooked a $100,000 horse she is trying to show that because she has an expensive horse she is more important than you. I feel lucky to live out in the sticks in an area where the neighbors are for the most part far away and those that are close all shoot. I'm always hearing gunfire around.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I hope you're missing a lot of purple. If not purple was intended, am I allowed to complain about farmers harvesting their crops? They create a lot of dust/noise, and when harvesting by the road, my car has been hit by corn stalks/husks several times.

I'm just pointing out Kirk's version of property rights. In his world, your property rights are limited to only what your neighbors approve of.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Your neighbors right to not hear your gun and be hit by your stray bullets trumps your right to shoot your guns.

If the bullet does not leave your property and it is in an area where it is legal to shoot, and no sound ordinances are being broken, I don't think so.

I'm just pointing out Kirk's version of property rights. In his world, your property rights are limited to only what your neighbors approve of.

?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If the bullet does not leave your property and it is in an area where it is legal to shoot, and no sound ordinances are being broken, I don't think so.

?
    Don't pay any attention to him, you"re better off. He's just dragging baggage from a different thread into this one and confusing some members like he always does instead of addressing the actual content of the OP.

It's not your fault.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

?

In Kirklandia, your property rights only exist to the point that 100% of your neighbors agree. You have no more right to shoot on your property than a neighbor has a right to not hear your gunfire.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A friend invited me over to shoot today. He lives about 45 minutes away, so I took a half day off work to hang out. So I got there about 20 minutes before he did, so I set everything up and took about 4 shots. Now he lives out in the country where corn fields are more prominent than neighbors, but does have a couple neighbors around. I noticed after taking the fourth shot a woman was walking towards me. I was shooting towards fields so I knew I wasn't shooting her way.

I waved at the women to say hi and walked to her. We meet up and she says $100,000 horse just got away from me cause you were shooting. I apologized and said I was glad she didn't get hurt. She then said that she has a 70 year old woman coming to ride a horse at 4 and she would like me to stop shooting then. I looked at my phone and it was 3:40 and my friend was pulling in. I told her that I would move to the other side of the house as if to block some of the noise. She then walked off.

I told my buddy and he said she is always a pain and doesn't even own the house. He said screw her, lets shoot. His dad said, I'll be back, I'm going to get my AK. Haha. He didn't, he was just joking, but we did shoot for another hour. I did see someone riding a horse and it did not appear to be spooked. The last thing I would want is for someone to get hurt. The woman was respectful and had it been just me, I would not have shot anymore.

How would you have reacted to this situation?

There's nothing wrong with working with your neighbors to get along. However, for her to presume that you should stop what you're in the middle of doing just so could have her way is quite nervy. It would be one thing is she came over and asked how long you were planning on enjoying your afternoon and/or letting you know what she had plans to do and how you might interfere...but asking you to just stop? Nah...

michaeladkins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    I guess my friend has had issues with her several times over the years, but mainly when it rains. I guess an acre at the back if his property does not drain well when it rains, so she calls the health department on him if he doesn't get right to spraying it for mosquitos. I guess if I had horses that were worth $100,000 then I would be concerned about bugs.

It was kind of funny when the women told me that another neighbor always gives me a notice when he shoots. I would do that if I lived next to her, but I don't and I can tell you my buddy won't be doing that.

Nice thoughts.

Top Bottom