What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Tombs, I agree about Trump, I like him, I like that he fights back, I like that he has tried to keep the promises that he ran on, I like that he built something before he became involved in politics, I like that That he has taken the million that his dad gave him and built a dynasty.

I hate that he has a lot of baggage that can actually be used against him.

I feel like he is getting tired, partly because people that should be supporting him are fighting him at every turn, people he trusted turn on him and he doesn't know who he can trust.

I mentioned the million dollars for good reason. Hundreds of people are given large sums of money that they did nothing for every year, by government entities every year. I am talking about the lottery. I think over 90%of them are in debt not to long afterward.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think he's getting tired, but I think if he can get his second term he will have the liberty to start cleaning house finally.

His hands are pretty well tied right now due to the election and optics of any move he makes. Has to be one of the most miserable situations to be stuck in that can be imagined.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Addressing both of the above points, in the AAR on the CHAZCHOP takeover they specifically addressed the coordinated roles of the various foot soldiers. This was not a "oh, hey, where did HE come from? He aint one of us". This was calculated "they wont shoot us of we just stand here" tactic. Read it if you can, its very enlightening.

So I agree with Phylo. We arent talking about rogue pyros. They are all one in the same acting in concert. Its not quite the same anymore. It may have been early on in this, but now its not necessarily so.

Where did you find the AAR?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Secure the entrances. If someone attempts entry, call 911 first, then deal with the problem.

There's two problems with this. First off, if you call 911, you're likely going to be on hold for 5-10 minutes; and if there's a mob coming your way, I think you can assume that the police aren't going to respond. Either because they're overwhelmed somewhere else, or the mayor has told them to pull back and not do anything.

If you live in Marion County, one thing you should have learned from the last few weeks is that the mayor will do everything he can to not protect people or their property.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    No one wants to go to war with the police, the media, half the general public, and the state, at the same time.

Less than half of the general public, along with more than half of the media, appears to be at war with the police. As far as the state is concerned, any area that isn't actively talking defunding appears to be neutral at best. The term "cold civil war" has been referenced in the past few years. I'm praying (with one eye open while scanning my perimeter) that we get back to a tolerable simmer. My faith in that happening is waning.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's two problems with this. First off, if you call 911, you're likely going to be on hold for 5-10 minutes; and if there's a mob coming your way, I think you can assume that the police aren't going to respond. Either because they're overwhelmed somewhere else, or the mayor has told them to pull back and not do anything.

If you live in Marion County, one thing you should have learned from the last few weeks is that the mayor will do everything he can to not protect people or their property.

1st you put in the call or have the spouse do it as you repel boarders yourself. If you tried to call for help you should be on record as doing so. If no help comes then you are cleared to go hot and kick some ass. Which I would do anyway but CYA with the LEO's is a good step in covering yourself in this failing and very corrupt system.
    Yes we live under Hoggbreaths :bs: here in Marion Co. And I would again like to thank the brain dead Morons that voted him in for another wasted term as Mayor.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    1st you put in the call or have the spouse do it as you repel boarders yourself. If you tried to call for help you should be on record as doing so. If no help comes then you are cleared to go hot and kick some ass. Which I would do anyway but CYA with the LEO's is a good step in covering yourself in this failing and very corrupt system.

You're exactly right. Calling 911 to get a recording started is what all of the instructors/trainers tell you to do during a home invasion incident. Why would this be any different? CYA all the way!

BTW, sure appreciate all you guys do as moderators!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    911, Whar is your emergency?

Me, Can you please connect me to the sanitation department?

911, The sanitation department?

Me, Yes, I have had a home invasion?

911, I am sorry, Sir, the Police are no longer responding to home invasions.

Me, I don't want the Police, I need the sanitation department.

911, Why do you need the sanitation department, Sir?

Me, I need to know if they want me to put the bodies at the curb for Wednesday pick up or if they want to pick them up now.

Last edited:

Chambre01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2019
    Bloomington
    First is it a riot? Or is it a peaceful protest? If it's a riot then I'm locking up inside and being prepared for a home invasion where while in fear for my life I'll engage with deadly force.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    911, Whar is your emergency?

Me, Can you please connect me to the sanitation department?

911, The sanitation department?

Me, Yes, I have had a home invasion?

911, I am sorry, Sir, the Police are no longer responding to home invasions.

Me, I don't want the Police, I need the sanitation department.

911, Why do you need the sanitation department, Sir.

Me, I need to know if they want me to put the bodies at the curb for Wednesday pick up or if they want to pick them up now.

storage.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I thought hard about this, and if I am not mistaken, if you are with someone who commits a felony, you to usually can and will stand charged even if you had no intent on committing said felony. So with a mob, if some escalate to felony what others are exercising their first amendment rights, as what point are the honest protesters now felons if they allow the felony to be committed?

That is correct. At that point, they are engaged in conspiracy, a federal crime, which involves 2 or more people who discuss, intend, or engage in criminal activity, with at least one overt act that need not be criminal of itself. (Textbook example: Discuss blowing up government buildings, and bring a book about explosives to the meeting.)

RabbleInArms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Greenwood
    Although continuing to claim that these demonstrations across the country are "peaceful", reality is far different and would make for a solid defense. Hard to imagine any rational person not being in fear for their life and property after what we all have witnessed over the last month. Also, the incident this past weekend in St Louis is not a 1st amendment right. The mob doesn't have the right to break down a gate and enter private property for redress of grievances. I'm not advocating for open fire, but I also would not barricade myself inside my home and wait for the threshold to be crossed.

sstark39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2017
    Seymour
    So this would be the time to start forming alliances with neighbors so you can protect your neighborhoods. You likely will fail if you try to stand alone while a determined and armed group will not only be more successful but may never need to revert to gunplay. Plan now to succeed. The gun isn’t always the first or best answer, it should be the last.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I mentioned the million dollars for good reason. Hundreds of people are given large sums of money that they did nothing for every year, by government entities every year. I am talking about the lottery. I think over 90%of them are in debt not to long afterward.

Sure, but think of all the economic stimulus provided to hookers, blow, and the 20ft tall Elvis statue industry.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Your original post assumed the rioters weren't armed. A molotov cocktail, to me, is a weapon. My life and my family is now in immediate danger so, game on.

More than that. Carrying a Molotov Cocktail can be interpreted as intent just as pointing a gun a someone is.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This whole issue of individual response to riotous mobs needs to be pressed until answered by mayors, police chiefs, sheriffs, political orifices, etc.
    This would help one know how many mags to keep ready.

Top Bottom