• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Hey guys. I planted a garden this year (first time) and thought that every mans garden needed some hot peppers of some sort. I like spicy things but I do not like things that are so hot I cant eat the rest of my food. I figured Jalapenos would fit the bill.

Well now I have picked close to 30 full size peppers and really dont know what to do with them. Any help here would be appreciated. Ideas, recipes, whatever.

Thanks
    Mike

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Cut them in half, hollow out the inside, fill with cream cheese and wrap a slice of bacon around them. Then proceed to cook them in the oven or on the grill till the bacon is crisp. Enjoy!

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011

Cut them in half, hollow out the inside, fill with cream cheese and wrap a slice of bacon around them. Then proceed to cook them in the oven or on the grill till the bacon is crisp. Enjoy!

Heck ya. Both are good ideas. I thought about the Salsa but really have no idea what I am doing. The other seems like a popper or something. I may have to try that.

hoosierbulldog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Hey guys. I planted a garden this year (first time) and thought that every mans garden needed some hot peppers of some sort. I like spicy things but I do not like things that are so hot I cant eat the rest of my food. I figured Jalapenos would fit the bill.

Well now I have picked close to 30 full size peppers and really dont know what to do with them. Any help here would be appreciated. Ideas, recipes, whatever.

Thanks
    Mike

The only thing that I would add to this recipe is advice...This is exactly how I like them prepared, so great idea. My son and I like them HOT, so we leave a little bit of the seeds and the white veins inside when stuffing...My wife and daughter like them with NO hot, so we make sure that theirs are completely scraped from seeds and make sure you remove ALL of the white veins inside, then they will be tasty but not hot. Mmmm bacon. :bacondance:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    poppers are good with monterey jack, cheddar, or quesadilla cheese also. and if you have some friends over, you'll probably go through most if not all of them. or you can make "eggs" with them. get the materials ready the same as poppers, but don't cut the jalapenos all the way in half. put a slit in them to take out the seeds, stuff with cheese (any or all of the ones mentioned) and wrap with bacon. dredge in flour, egg wash, and bread crumbs, then refrigerate (or freeze) until needed. deep fry for 2-3 min (refrigerated) or 4-5 min (frozen). make a little of your favorite dip (i like southwest ranch for these) and enjoy.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    2 - 28 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
    2 yellow onions, peeled and diced
    10 - 12 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 tsp salt
    Juice from 1 lemon

Place everything except the lemon juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Stir in lemon juice and serve. (Chopped cilantro can be added at this point if you like it).

Or you can make Pico de Gallo which is basically the above without the cooking, just drain the tomatoes first and leave out the cilantro.

Steak Soft Tacos:
    Get a thinly sliced (3/8") piece of Sirloin steak, and cut into pieces 3/8 x 3/8 x 1". Sear quickly in a lightly oiled skillet. Place in flour tortillas and top with some of the Pico de Gallo. Wrap and enjoy. (A 1 lb piece of steak makes about 6 tacos).

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

This.

I leave mine whole, cut the top off, hollow out the inside and fill with a cream cheese/shredded cheese mixture.

Let the cream cheese sit out until it softens, make a pastry bag out of a zip lock bag and fill the jalapenos. Wrap in bacon, toss on the grill and enjoy.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This.

I leave mine whole, cut the top off, hollow out the inside and fill with a cream cheese/shredded cheese mixture.

Let the cream cheese sit out until it softens, make a pastry bag out of a zip lock bag and fill the jalapenos. Wrap in bacon, toss on the grill and enjoy.

This.
    Also known as atomic buffalo turds. You can make them as mild as you want if you clean then well enough.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I made Hot Sauce with mine last week
    I put the whole peppers on the grill and smoked them with apple wood. (optional)
    Add 2 cups of white vinegar and about 2 cups of peppers that you have cut in half and seeds removes. Blend until smooth. Put in a sauce pan over the stove and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. Put it in a recycled hot sauce bottle or whatever. I put the rest in the fridge in a larger jug and I can refill the small ones for months to come.
    You could also add to the blender: garlic, salt, habeneros, cayenne pepers
    Enjoy.

Top Bottom