What model/caliber do you carry and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyYakr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    usually this, a Kimber Tactical Ultra II (its been refinished in Robar's NP3), in a Tucker Gun Leather HF1 in .45 cal

RobarKimber003.jpg

When I feel like slumming then it will either be a Glock 26 or Ruger LC9

That's a sweet holster.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    when i conceal carry i like my g27. i think 40 is a good caliber in a gun that size and it is easily concealable. when i'm not in public and want to open carry i love to carry my spring field loaded 1911. to me it is way more comfortable to open carry, however, i don't want to scare the straights.

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    Taurus PT-945, 45 ACP. Guns feels great, conceals alright, and has zero recoil since mine has porting on top of the barrel. And gun is super light which I like for carrying. Plus 45 has reliable knock down.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Springfield XD40SC here. Good balance between comfort, round count, and performance - for me. I like the grip and the safeties. It also conceals well enough for those rare CC occasions.

I need to get some night sights for it, though.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    This has been done before many times. Please search.

Yea, Let's keep the discussion down to what has been done before on this discussion forum. :D

Whatever -

When I want small it's a SW 642 with hollow point +P's.
    When I want larger it's a springfield XD40 service at that point it doesn't matter what it's loaded with.

I always pair these with a good pair of running shoes. But I have the guns just in case the perp catches up to me:D

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hey guys. I understand that it is all personal preference, but was just wondering what was popular nowadays. Outside opinions are always useful and interesting. Just wondering what you guys prefer and why.

S&W MP Pro Series, 5" barrel, in 9 MM. The MP is one of the very few guns that fit my hand and ergo's well, being left handed. I shot several Glocks, Springfield XDs, and a few Rugers before the MP. The MP has a good reputation for reliability, which is also a factor for me.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Currently a CZ 75D PCR Compact. Will be changing to a CZ 75BD soon as my wife wants the Compact. I chose 9mm simply due to economics of having 5 shooters in the family and only one income. While I would prefer to carry a larger caliber, I recognize that the 9mm is quite adequate for the job when loaded with hotter than standard rounds.

If I ever decide to OC, then I will quite likely carry my father's S&W Model 65-2 .357. I have thought about looking into CCing this weapon, but am not sure how easy it'd be. Something about this chambering gets my attention better than the 9mm.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Springfield 1911, 45 ACP, either government or ultra compact, because I love them, I shoot them both well, and I have no doubt that if I do my part, they will do theirs.

Smith 442, 38 Spl +P, for pocket carry, sometimes it goes on its own, other times its just an easy to get to addition to the 1911.

Glock 26, for those days that I know I will be getting dirty and or sweaty, because I know it will go bang every time, I shoot it well, and its reliable. I dont care so much if it gets beat up, it is the ugliest gun I have ever owned, even when it was NIB.

Finally, the little LCP, because it can go everywhere with me discretely. Its kinda like my American Express card, "never leave home without it"

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If your defending yourself at anytime that trajectory enters the picture your probably going to have a hard time explaining that in court.:ar15:

Not always. Let's say you are in the mall with your family. They go one way, you go the other. You hear a commotion from down the mall a way and then hear shooting. People scatter and you see a gunman about 50 yards away firing in the direction your family just went minutes earlier. You would probably take that shot if you could, and a flat trajectory might make the difference between your stopping the gunman or just drawing his attention.

Top Bottom