• ...and so much more!
  • What kind of gun "guy" are you?

• Total voters

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It's a screwed up world when Glock can even be mentioned in the same breath as the 1911... not to mention when almost as many people identify themselves as "Glock guys" as "1911 guys"...

The world is coming to an end.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I grew up with 1911s. Grandfather and great-uncle on my mom's side used to compete regularly with their 1911s at Camp Perry, and a Colt 1911 (I believe it was my uncle's) was the second handgun I fired (first was a .22 revolver). My first handgun (and firearm) purchase was a Springer 1911 while home on R&R. I've always found the platform very comfortable and natural to shoot, and if there's something you don't like about it, you can always customize it!

Now, that being said, I'm definitely equal opportunity when it comes to firearms. I'll try anything, but haven't found a handgun that makes me smile as much as 1911. It's a sick and twisted love affair....:D

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I voted gun guy, but I do prefer my Rugers. Long gun, revolver, or semi, they are the ones that always work. Can't say that about most of the guns I have owned.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Just a regular gun guy. I like most all of the guns that I have. I carry the 1911 most of the time if it is cool enough to wear something over it otherwise carry my revolver stuck in my pants, but keep the Glock 22 with light attached by the bed at night.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm an HK guy turned Glock Guy
    (Voted Glock Guy)

Primarily because $20 magazines, and in stock Holsters trump $45 magazines and custom order holsters.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    You forgot the hip-shooting, real men only need 5 rounds, deadeye spitoon noise, trick shootin' all-metal wheelgun guy. And his horse, lightning.

Pewpew! Bad guys wear black masks, and rob you on the Oregon trail.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I'm a gun guy, it just so happens the last two I've bought have been S&W, but I'm open to other brands, I'd like to get my hands on a couple sig's and I'd love to try out the 1911 platform…

Top Bottom