• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think you misunderstand the nature of proof.

Perhaps Dr Physics from MIT can explain where all the matter in the Big Bang came from? I won't accept "energy" either since the two are interchangeable and cannot simply appear.

Your reasoning of where life came from is 10^googol more unlikely than intelligent design by God

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Perhaps Dr Physics from MIT can explain where all the matter in the Big Bang came from? I won't accept "energy" either since the two are interchangeable and cannot simply appear.

Your reasoning of where life came from is 10^googol more unlikely than intelligent design by God

I'm not anti-religious, but that argument is rather self defeating in its attempt to say "that's too complex to have happened by chance, so this infinitely more complex thing, that isn't required for the former to happen, makes more sense."

If you're going with complexity making something less likely to happen by chance, then intelligent design is a DOOZY.

It's called faith for a reason, trying to reason out faith with science is cringe worthy.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I typed, "Pseudo-science, referred to as science in the bible" I mistakenly left oot a couple oh words. "Pseudo-science, referred to as science so called in the bible"

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

As others have stated, you are very weak on research. It seems that you are a latter generation doubter. You have accepted in blind faith the false information given you by prior generation doubters who gave their opinions with no research on their part. Your barbs are obtuse at best and disingenuous at worst.

Whar a racist remark "Jesus mows my lawn". Most likely not true. If it is, do you realy believe that is an intelegent argument?

As for science We can tell you know little about true scientific research and have accepted, again in blind faith, pseudo science, because someone told yuo it was so, and you are too lazy or unable to do your own thinking/reseatch.

Rep in bound for you and Jesus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, but it's MIT-educated weed!
    Shades of Mister 140 IQ, isn't it?

I've mentioned what my dad said to me when I was a kid, and this seems a good place to repeat it. A man who has to tell you how smart he is, is a fool.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, boys...we've done it again.

What started as a really interesting thread about what it means to each of us to be a "Conservative" has devolved into pointless in-fighting over...uh, well...I'm not really sure.

Ill own my part of this...I shouldn't have responded to the portion of Blackhawk's post that referenced abortion. I thought I could address the topic dispassionately,without pulling the entire thread off the rails.

I was wrong. For my part TheBubbaEffect, I'm sorry for the thread jack.

Anybody want try to get back on topic, or should we go back to slap-fighting?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

What started as a really interesting thread about what it means to each of us to be a "Conservative" has devolved into pointless in-fighting over...uh, well...I'm not really sure.

Ill own my part of this...I shouldn't have responded to the portion of Blackhawk's post that referenced abortion. I thought I could address the topic dispassionately,without pulling the entire thread off the rails.

We need more girls involved if there's going to be slap-fighting. 'Cause guys slap-fighting is just... icky.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey, I thought we were stick fighting. :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I try to limit myself to slap-fighting as my Kung-Fu is much too strong and I'm pretty good with a bo staff.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I have to give some latitude on spelling and grammar. I am a terrible typist, and my spellcheck doesn't work. so I miss a lot of typo's.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well, I have to give some latitude on spelling and grammar. I am a terrible typist, and my spellcheck doesn't work. so I miss a lot of typo's.

I have to agree. I am not usually a grammar nazi but when someone claims to have the highest level of education from one of the best schools in the country those types of errors raise red flags. Perhaps it is unjustified.

I am Joe nobody with an average education. I commonly make grammar and spelling mistakes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I missed his statement about how smart he was. He dosen't show it at all. He has a difficult time presenting an argument aside from saying he accepts nothinh anyone else says.

He had the audacity to ask if I minded that Lott used logic while, himself, denying the scientific method.

I once kew a fellow soldier who got the maximum 160 on his GT (general test) score, roughly equivalent to an IQ score who had a hard time with common tasks.

Top Bottom