• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Now you got me sceeerd. I got a .308 on back order from DPMS.;)

We did have a guy who brought his Hi Point to the 4H workshop in Lafayette. It went through some rought handling and had no problems. If I could get past that planet of the apes thing I might just get one. Like I said before if it goes bang I like it.

PS I once owned a Davis .380. It went bang. I liked it until it started to fall apart. I no longer have one.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    All I know for certain is that I have an DPMS in 5.56 that I have probably fired 500+ rounds through (got it in the fall) and have not had a single problem. I also just finished building a DPMS lower with a DPMS LPK minus the buttstock (6-position adjustable, in the mail) and did not have a single problem with it either. Don't reallly know what you are railing against, Melensdad, but my personal experience is that DPMS produces a quality product.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Don't reallly know what you are railing against, Melensdad, but my personal experience is that DPMS produces a quality product.
    YOUR personal experience seems to be different than other peoples experiences. If you would read the thread you'd see some of the examples, including the specific problems I've had to deal with regarding DPMS products. Compared to other AR products it is shocking how little quality control there seems to be from DPMS. As stated, some DPMS parts have been out of spec, needed to be ground down to fit, holes not centered, finish uneven, etc.

For the record I've purchased Alexander Arms, Charles Daly Defense, Rock River Arms, Olympic Arms, Bushmaster, SNS and some custom AR stuff in addition to DPMS. Quite frankly DPMS parts are not of equal quality to any of those other brands.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    YOUR personal experience seems to be different than other peoples experiences, in regards to Hi-points also.

They both seem to have issues if you look at it objectively.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I am looking objectively. I own DPMS products. None have ever failed me. I cannot ask for anythiing more. I have picked up other AR-15's off the rack and fondled them. I cannot tell a difference in finish or fit off the rack. And my DPMS products have a 100% success rate. Sorry if any of the rest of you have had trouble.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I personally assembled my DPMS Lower and DPMS LPK with not issues. I've shot two AR's in the past, one being AllenM's, but I'd LOVE to compare mine to another and let you know.

Anyone got an Upper I can borrow? :dunno:

:D

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've never had any quality issues with a DPMS rifle. You may be the unlucky guy that got the bad apple in the bunch.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've never had any quality issues with a DPMS rifle. You may be the unlucky guy that got the bad apple in the bunch.

If I was the only one then I'd agree. But there are simply too many reports about DPMS issues that its clear they do not have good quality controls in place. But as I've got DPMS parts on several occasions and as I've had problems on several occasions, it may actuall be that you may be one of the lucky guys who got a gun without parts issues.

CouncilOfDave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Anderson
    I have no experience with DPMS stuff, but I have heard both good and bad. I tend to go with RRA when dealing with AR lowers.

I have a HiPoint 995 carbine. Got some extra mags for it, factory. Only the mag that came with it functions fine, and the base pad is broken.

The other two "factory" mags are junk, and fail to feed EVERY round.

I wouldn't even mess with their handguns...

Top Bottom