• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    The best camoflague in my option is the one you make when you get to an area. I know that kind of sounds like the movie Shooter, i think that line was in the movie, but from my days of paintball of what not, I'd wear a greenish or brownish base clothing and then use 550 cord to make a temp ghillie suit out of surrounding brush and grasses, leaves etc, works well, the down side is long term use.

However, if crap gets bad enough where I need to bug out into the woods or whatever, I'm hiding by day, moving by night, reason being, camo works great if your sitting still or moving extremely slowly, but trust me, no amount of camo is going to hide someone walking through the woods a normal pace. Maybe at a far distance, hints the move by night, less chance of detection, practice this without flashlights btw as for IR, IR cameras are tough to get around, but there's ways to limit your detection by them as well.

The bad thing about moving at night will be infrared, in the case of SHTF, and if bad guys are really interested in tracking people down. ;)

I liked your comments though. :yesway:

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    cammo...it works in certain environments. Stay low and stay away from sight. I wouldn't waste money on cammo. Go OD green or cyote and you'll be fine. really, think about it.....cammo only works if your in deep natural environment, for the most part,...stay low and out of sight.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Depends on where you are blending at.

For years me and dad deer hunted in original Treebark. Then Treebark II (a huge improvement)

I've always been a Realtree guy after that, Realtree Hardwood or AP, but lately got a lot of stuff in Mossy Oak... Breakup, Obsession, and Infinity all blend well in our woods.

In town, like a few posters above have said, street clothes. Maybe some tactical khakis (like 5.11 or similar) in tan, coyote, grey, OD green, FDE, or black. Plenty of pockets and wouldn't stand out, and tougher too. Cargo jeans wouldn't be bad either.

What I've noticed in looking for critters is its the movement and darkness that are the giveaways. Darkness being the "tactical black" that sticks out like a sore thumb against the greys and browns and bricks of town at night, or something too light for surroundings, same thing.
    Many years of "park patrol dodging" taught me that. (It's like a sport, if you don't know, it's fuuuuuun.)

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Jeans and a T-shirt... blend right in with everyone else. No reason to look all G.I. Joe. Camouflage isn't made to look cool, it's to blend in to your environment when your life actually depends on it. Like in a war zone, aka, the military.

If something does happen, God forbid, running around in a military style uniform with an AR strapped to you is only going to get you shot. If you plan on taking out an entire Army by yourself because you got some BDU's you're going to find out the hard way that lack of a trained team = your death bed.

For a SHTF situation this is the best answer. ^^^
    If you're in a SHTF situation and you're guarding a perimeter then BDU or Mossy Oak are both good choices. The things that are most likely to give you away in those situations are muzzle flash and things you might not think about like lighting up a cigarette, using a flashlight, or in daylight, the reflection off a scope or even your sunglasses.
    Not to mention unnecessary noise, like a walkie or talking to someone, or crunching carelessly through the woods.

Top Bottom