• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    A couple of Facebook friends have recently linked the trailer and site to a new documentary, Oh My God. From the website:

I was frustrated with the childish schoolyard mentality that permeates this world - I call it the "My God Is Greater Than Your God" syndrome - where you have grown men flying airplanes into buildings shouting "God is Great" - where you have the leader of the free world telling the BBC in 2003 that he invaded Iraq because God told him to - where you have the constitution of a country (Iran) that dictates that its supreme leader is God's representative on earth - where you have young men and women blowing themselves up (and innocent others) to buy a place into heaven. None of these concepts made any sense to me. Does it matter what I believe? Does it matter what you believe? And what is this entity that goes by the name of God, that seems to bring about so much friction, hurt and pain? So I decided to go around the world and ask people what they think.
    YouTube - PeterRodger's Channel

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That would be a canine to a dyslexic!

Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?
    He laid awake at night chanting, :"There IS no dog, there IS no dog..."

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    GOD = G.O.A.T

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Please clarify...I've seen that before but don't know what it means.

P.S. Not trying to stir the pot either.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth....And in one Lord Jesus Christ, His only begotton Son,...Very God of Very God...and in the Holy Ghost, who with the Father and the Son are woshiped and glorified.

The Nicene Creed

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    IBTL: Also, this is just pot stirring thread...

This says far more about your perception of the average forum member's maturity than it does about my intentions.

For the record, I posted this thread because I think the movie's premise is thought-provoking, and hoped that at least a person or two on this board might have something insightful to contribute to the discussion. I'm withholding my answer for the moment because as with every other topic, I find myself incapable of giving a simple answer (or, for that matter, a moderately complicated one). Plus I don't want to bore anyone to death if they're truly not interested in the discussion.

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    Please clarify...I've seen that before but don't know what it means.

P.S. Not trying to stir the pot either.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth....And in one Lord Jesus Christ, His only begotton Son,...Very God of Very God...and in the Holy Ghost, who with the Father and the Son are woshiped and glorified.

The Nicene Creed

GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    burns1c.jpg

:dunno:

Top Bottom