Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    IU football to debut social justice logo on uniforms

...BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The Indiana Hoosiers are taking a stand for social justice.

The football Hoosiers will debut a social justice patch on their uniforms for the duration of the 2020 season.

The fist logo, designed by the Mark Cuban Center for Sports Media and Technology, features a variety of words including love, united, justice, equality, and human rights.

IU Athletics wanted to highlight its concerns over racial injustice and inequality while promoting positive change...

LMAO! Mark Cuban and human rights in the same statement. That’s too funny.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

...BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The Indiana Hoosiers are taking a stand for social justice.

The football Hoosiers will debut a social justice patch on their uniforms for the duration of the 2020 season.

The fist logo, designed by the Mark Cuban Center for Sports Media and Technology, features a variety of words including love, united, justice, equality, and human rights.

IU Athletics wanted to highlight its concerns over racial injustice and inequality while promoting positive change...

I think this logo is essentially a metaphor for why politics is so contentious. I am absolutely 100% on board with the goals of "love, united, justice, equality, and human rights." However, that does not mean that I necessarily agree with any particular policy that might be proposed to achieve those goals. Unfortunately, I also know that the people behind these types of things never seem to be able to understand the difference, consequently, they become self-righteously convinced they are fighting against "hate", etc. if anyone disagrees with their policies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think this logo is essentially a metaphor for why politics is so contentious. I am absolutely 100% on board with the goals of "love, united, justice, equality, and human rights." However, that does not mean that I necessarily agree with any particular policy that might be proposed to achieve those goals. Unfortunately, I also know that the people behind these types of things never seem to be able to understand the difference, consequently, they become self-righteously convinced they are fighting against "hate", etc. if anyone disagrees with their policies.
    If those were really the goals why should it condone violence against the people they disagree with?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I don't think that patch will do much more than provide a good target for opposition tacklers.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

"Stupid is as stupid does".
    -Forrest Gump; a man with greater critical thinking skills than the Clowns of Bloomington.

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    Apparently I'm not donating enough to IU this year! :):

Same here, although I did recently get an email from IU's Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Multi Cultural Affairs noting recent initiatives such as the Racial Justice Research Fund, IU Anti-Racist Agenda, the IU Pandemic Health Disparities Fund, Black Philanthropy Circle and Queer Philanthropy Circle, and the University Naming Committee. I could, of course, support these initiatives by donating to their "IU Equity Fund". :xmad:

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Employees were sent two lol.

One of my co-workers, an adjunct professor at IUPUI, proudly sported his IU branded mask when I went to guest lecture at his class yesterday.

I just wore my lowly, plain, non-IU-festooned mask.

It was weird to see the classroom with most of the seats pushed to the back. A handful were dutifully spaced apart from each other, and there was a plexiglass shield between the podium and the students.

At the end of class each of the students came to the front and retrieved paper towels and cleaner, and wiped down the individual desk/chair seats they used.

The class was a hybrid, with about six attending on zoom, and the handful in-person in the classroom.

I politely declined to answer the questions that might have been related to the topic of this thread, as they were outside the scope of the day's presentation.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    One of my co-workers, an adjunct professor at IUPUI, proudly sported his IU branded mask when I went to guest lecture at his class yesterday.

I just wore my lowly, plain, non-IU-festooned mask.

It was weird to see the classroom with most of the seats pushed to the back. A handful were dutifully spaced apart from each other, and there was a plexiglass shield between the podium and the students.

At the end of class each of the students came to the front and retrieved paper towels and cleaner, and wiped down the individual desk/chair seats they used.

The class was a hybrid, with about six attending on zoom, and the handful in-person in the classroom.

I politely declined to answer the questions that might have been related to the topic of this thread, as they were outside the scope of the day's presentation.

You've been on campus more than I have then!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Same here, although I did recently get an email from IU's Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Multi Cultural Affairs noting recent initiatives such as the Racial Justice Research Fund, IU Anti-Racist Agenda, the IU Pandemic Health Disparities Fund, Black Philanthropy Circle and Queer Philanthropy Circle, and the University Naming Committee. I could, of course, support these initiatives by donating to their "IU Equity Fund". :xmad:

...and this helps confirm that my kids will continue to attend private Christian colleges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom