• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Shortly after my 20th birthday I went to my Father and told him I thought we might be in danger because of a relationship that was ending. The girl I was in love with was seeing another man, that had connections and I was concerned for my safety since he was married.

My Dad took me to the gun show at the state fair grounds and I picked out a Ruger P94 in .40 cal.

Nobody tried to kill me over that bi##h, thank God.

I wanted a gun to defend myself from a specific threat. Then I realized that it is a good thing to have a fire arm for any threat.

A few years later, and I hear of the Cheshire Connecticut home invasion.

Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All my friends and family I tell them to arm themselves. I tell them the this story, of living in a nice neighborhood and that makes you a target. The bad guys are not robbing random houses in the ghetto. They rob nice houses or drug houses.

Those murders in Cheshire changed my life and I try to tell everybody I care about what happend, and everyone should be ready to defend themselves.

HBO made documentary on this.

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Shortly after my 20th birthday I went to my Father and told him I thought we might be in danger because of a relationship that was ending. The girl I was in love with was seeing another man, that had connections and I was concerned for my safety since he was married.

My Dad took me to the gun show at the state fair grounds and I picked out a Ruger P94 in .40 cal., that was what the cops were switching to in 1998.

Nobody tried to kill me over that bi##h, thank God.

I wanted a gun to defend myself from a specific threat. Then I realized that it is a good thing to have a fire arm for any threat.

A few years later, and I hear of the Cheshire Connecticut home invasion.

Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All my friends and family I tell them to arm themselves. I tell them the this story, of living in a nice neighborhood and that makes you a target. The bad guys are not robbing random houses in the ghetto. They rob nice houses or drug houses.

Those murders in Cheshire changed my life and I try to tell everybody I care about what happend, and everyone should be ready to defend themselves.

HBO made documentary on this.
    Yeah. Taking into consideration the sources, lifestyle, personalities etc. etc., not to mention your own experiences, you have every reason to take precautions. Of course, these are the same people who do not want you to be armed if they came a knocking.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Yeah. Taking into consideration the sources, lifestyle, personalities etc. etc., not to mention your own experiences, you have every reason to take precautions. Of course, these are the same people who do not want you to be armed if they came a knocking.
    The end point was that anyone occupying a dwelling should arm themselves. It took an event for me to arm myself. I tell my love one's of this horrible event in Connecticut so they will put fourth some effort to protect themselves.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Part of becoming an adult of good character is to realize that you aren't the center of the universe, and are not invincible. This is why adult men no longer drive like teenage boys, and hopefully no longer act on desires for every attractive girl that may be receptive.

Part of becoming a contributing, valuable part of society is to accept responsibility for not only your actions, but also your potential role in the situations that are all around us every day. I know that it may sound old fashioned or sexist, but I do believe that a man should hold a door open for a lady, and that he should take the role of the protector of the family / community seriously.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The end point was that anyone occupying a dwelling should arm themselves. It took an event for me to arm myself. I tell my love one's of this horrible event in Connecticut so they will put fourth some effort to protect themselves.
    Absolutely! It's not a crime to do so.
    As far as discussing self defense with others outside of family and on a forum, I simply don't do it for various legit and safety reasons. If it's brought up by other than the mentioned, I may make a supportive comment and may not comment at all. Just depends.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Twenty (20) years ago...I was an 'idiot' for wanting to CC a gun for personal defense. Now, however, everyone in my family has one...and CC's! Even my 72 y/o mother came to us last April and inquired about selecting a small gun to carry while she walks along back country roads for exericse...we ended up recommending a Ruger LCR in .22 Mag for her...it's light-weight, easy to use, minimal recoil, great penetration, etc!

I've always thought it was funny how I was the first in my family to CC, drive/own a foriegn car (even though we now drive 2 fords), switch to a different church from the one we grew up in, etc. Now they all have followed suite and do these things...and I'm still considered the 'backwards' one! Hmmm...who's really 'behind' here? I just smile a lot...and only ask questions they have difficulty in answering!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Just ask them who they think will defend them if needed. The police are under no obligation to protect you as an individual. There are many cases to back that up.
    Break-ins happen all the time, some perpetrators are violent some are not, are they willing to bet there's or there loved ones live on it. I prefer to be armed just in case. Sort of like carrying jumper cables or a spare tire in your car.
    I feel better knowing that if something happens i have the means to defend myself and my family.

NBLSVL.EDC.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I have a buddy who was a Knoxville cop through the Christian/Newsom murders.

They were just a couple leaving an apartment. They were abducted and met horrific demise.

Christian/Newsom Murders

It's one of the many instances I quote if someone I care about needs justification to carry a gun.

Top Bottom