• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    The Wife would like to go sometime, but neither of us like dealing with traffic. I'd have to find a place to park for the weekend and take something everywhere (i.e. train, bus, cab, walk).

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    *breaks into spontaneous song*

BACK HOME AGAIN, IN INDIANA

Ive been to Chicago enough times to have a strong desire to not go back. But I am kind of a county boy and dislike all big cities. Except Indy, Indy is actually a really cool city. :yesway:

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I know who Ron Bennington is, I didn't know there was a food named after him. Is there one named after Fez too?

I know traffic sucks for cars, and doubly for an 18 wheeler. Done that many times.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The Wife would like to go sometime, but neither of us like dealing with traffic. I'd have to find a place to park for the weekend and take something everywhere (i.e. train, bus, cab, walk).

That's why we stayed on the west side, out of the city. It was way cheaper and the train goes downtown. We ended up driving anyway, though.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would not want to live in Chicago either. I did enjoy the trip though. I usually do. I didn't get to go to Six Flags though and I was really hoping to do so. I don't see that happening anytime soon now.

We did drive through some very nice looking residential areas. I still wouldn't want to live there though. Not because of the gun situation necessarily but I am not a huge fan of people and not being able to drive/park where/when I want.

I ended up getting the Go Chicago card for 2 days. Because of the attractions that we actually had time to do, the City Pass booklet would probably have been better for us. I do recommend getting either one of those though if you plan on going and visiting the tourist stuff.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I spent the first 20 years of my life near Chicago. I was on Navy Pier when it was a VERY boring ...pier. Smelt fishing is a great time if you ever get the chance to go. I have taken the wife to the "Loop" one time, she learned how to turn down requests for spare change with confidence.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chicago...

Bueller?

The house of Ferris' friend, Cameron, is up for sale.

370 Beech Street, Highland Park, IL, 60035 - MLS ID#07218797 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®
    l5be11f42-m1m.jpg

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Top Bottom