• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Stocked up on a few bulk buys 50lbs of rice, 25lbs of all purpose flower, 10 cases of water, 200 rounds of 9mm, 550 rounds of 22lr and got a new composter for the garden.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Cleaned up the genny, new fuel lines, filters and shut-offs. Changed oil and tested everything after.

Had the wisdom teeth extracted while I still had insurance. Put me down a few days but worth it.

Decided on the insulation for the ceiling in the go-to room. Then I need to decide if I want to remove the windows on the only outside wall. This is set up for tornadoes and such.

Moved more of the preps down there and added food and toiletries.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Still selling all extra guns and ammo to use the $$ for more responsible preps. I have to admit that it's really been an eye opening experience.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Bought 40 lbs of charcoal and bottle lighter fluid. When the power is out and the grill is out of propane, at least I will be able to cook.

Thanks for the post. It reminded me I need to do this when I get off work today.

I picked up some AAA, AA, C & D batteries on sale at Menards.

I've been researching a motion detector light and camera combo for the front door. I already have motion detector lights around the house, but I specifically want one for the front door so I can clearly see who is out there if there is a knock in the middle of the night. The camera is to provide documentation of anyone stepping on our front porch 24/7.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Inventoried my ammo. I'm WAY short of where I want to be. Especially in some calibers/gauges. I made a list of what I need most and will concentrate on that while at the same time slowly working on the rest.
    I will also seperate them into smaller bunches.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We went 7 days on preps. There was a need to rotate stores for expiration dates so we went all week on the prep cabinet. We did one shower a day and let the toilet run normaly but all else was prep. A good experience for all involved. Caught the wife with a few candy bars but hey, what can you do.
    Making lists to replenish.

I now understand certain folks aversion to MRE's. Not bad if you have a spice cabinet.
    My wife Hoards Taco bell sauce packets. A taste bud saver.

Note to self. You can "Never" put in enough water.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Started in on those 4jillion little projects I've got tucked away in the barn. Most are 2years old
    And unfinished or unstarted...2 down 3.99 jillion to go. Maybe I should make a list, or does that qualify
    As another project?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Inventoried my ammo. I've been buying it, but not storing it properly (grouped together). So, I seperated it and counted it and made a list. And I made a list of how much I need to get to meet the minimum I want for each caliber/gauge.

I will also split it up so that I don't have all of it in one place.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I was actually trying to respond to Iroquois' post about the list. Turns out having a list for ammo is a good thing too.

My question is when to decide that you are deficient? I have never been able to go the other direction. I have more ammo than I will likely shoot, but I keep picking it up.

Got another .38 snub this evening and thought about whether I should start stocking more ammo for it, even though I have others already sitting around.

I split my stores a while back and am happy about it. Different parts of the house as well as off campus... just in case.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I was actually trying to respond to Iroquois' post about the list. Turns out having a list for ammo is a good thing too.

My question is when to decide that you are deficient? I have never been able to go the other direction. I have more ammo than I will likely shoot, but I keep picking it up.

Got another .38 snub this evening and thought about whether I should start stocking more ammo for it, even though I have others already sitting around.

I split my stores a while back and am happy about it. Different parts of the house as well as off campus... just in case.

I know you were. I just wanted to note that we need lists for more than one thing. I have lists of what is in each of my bags, supplies, etc. I have lists of lists also. Lists are good.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What are you selling if I may ask.

It's all in the INGO classifides. Basically I'm selling guns that wouldn't be my very first pick if SHTF, or guns that are currently serving one purpose that I'd like to start all over and tweak it in the future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom