What gun when shot turns people to gun lovers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I typically start people out with a scoped 10/22...no recoil, little muzzle blast, and fairly easy to put rounds on the target when shooting from a rest. I've never seen anyone NOT enjoy that. Then move up to an AR...it's pretty funny to see their attitude change (especially if timid or apprehensive about "black guns") when they realize that it functions exactly the same as the tame, wood-stocked "Fudd-style" 10/22. A .22 handgun always gets rave reviews as well, provided you can shoot at close enough distances to actually get some hits....25 yards with a handgun is tough for a new shooter.

And yeah, a 1911 typically gets some grins.

cjeffrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    There's something about a 410 that really helped me Brett into shooting. Is helped a few people I know as well. Its easy, but still has the kick to let you know you are still firing a gun.

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I took my girlfriend to a range and after many months of trying, she shot my Marlin .22 bolt action and on the return trip she looks over with wide eyes and shouts "I want my own .22!!"

She used to be anti-gun. I am proud.

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I got to shoot an AK-47 and a Barrett M99 before I really got to liking guns. They were each an amazing experience. I just wish I had bought my AK back then.

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    I'd say a bb gun is likely responsible for turning more folks into gun enthusiasts but a good dependable 22lr would be a close second... At least that is the path I took with a Crossman then later a 10/22

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    A .22 that looks like a serious gun, ala the Ruger SR22p.

0604-1417.jpg

Fits a woman's hands nicely, easy to rack, no recoil, double and single action.

Next would be the Chiappa Rhino whether it be the 20ds, the 40ds or the 60ds as shown below. Serious calibers, low recoil, looks awesome.

Chiappa_Rhino_60DS_000.jpg

Last edited:

vanillagorilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    central Indy
    Everyone can shoot the 22. Men, women, trained monkeys, everyone! Best gun to start with period. I gave a safety course to women and had an 80 year old grandma that hated guns shooting like a kid after getting her to try a Ruger 22/45.

Top Bottom