What did you buy today that was "Made In the USA"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Lunch at Hardee's-served with a smile from an all-American cute blonde young lady.Beer-battered onion rings and Angus burger with a Coke-Real Food!

Gas from Sunoco-still American crude oil refined.

IndySKS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    LaPorte
    didn't buy anything today period, however, sold tires that were made in the U.S. nice to see that branding on the sidewall instead of korea for once...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Nothing I needed today is domestically produced, aside from food products. Even the plastic bottle I got my Coke in was probably made in Mexico. Maybe if it were cheaper for American companies to do business here, I wouldn't end up buying crap that was made in some third world country.

"Made in the USA" is getting really hard to find, even when you're looking for it. And its no wonder when private corporations pay the highest taxes of any segment of the population in this country. And I get sick of people blaming it on the "greedy union workers", as if getting paid a wage you can live on is some kind of sin....blame it on the greedy Left, who feel that the productive can pay more than their fair share of taxes so their constituents can cash their friggin welfare checks and go to Walmart to buy more crap to furnish their government subsided apartments.

America has become a hostile business environment for industry, and we wonder why everything on the shelves has a "Made in China" sticker on it.....

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    What difference does the location in which something was manufactured make? I'm interested in why people care. As for me, I care about price and quality, not location.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well Padawan, the reason I am so Anti-Chinese origin is the quality issue primarily but running a close second is the fact that chinese products are being caught on an alarming rate as containing toxic substances in amounts that are placing the American consumer at a not so minor risk. What's it been lately, dogfood, babyfood, just recently sheetrock and I know there are several other products that have fallen in this category recently. Not to mention the dumping of steel products, tires, pirated merchandise etc. And yes, as long as people buy it there will be a market for it but lets level the playing field! Enforce the standards that these products are supposedly being manufactured by. We supposedly have trade agreements with foreign governments to control such issues but they don't get enforced until somebody dies or in some other way it becomes obvious. I personally try to find alternatives to anything I'm buying to avoid what the feds are allowing the chinese government to do to our country with impunity. Unfortunately as somebody stated above that's getting damn near impossible.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I was going to buy some ammo made in china, but then I heard there was a recall because the bullets contained large amounts of lead, which has been shown in California to be poisonous.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    What difference does the location in which something was manufactured make? I'm interested in why people care. As for me, I care about price and quality, not location.

I cant speak for any one else but for me (even though i'm sure its pointless) its my little way of supporting a company that has kept Americans working rather than sending it over seas, and i will on ocasion pay double to buy something American made over foreign, like i said just my little way of sayin "hey thanks for keepin Americans workin" :patriot:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I went to Target to find Halloween decorations. None of them were made in the United States. I went back after they had stocked a few more aisles with Halloween decorations and I found window-cling decorations made in the United States. I did not buy them. I went to Wal-Mart and was looking for cool stuff to pass out on Halloween for the kids. The only made in the USA non-candy item I could find was temporary tattoos with a giant MADE IN THE USA badge on the packaging. I bought two bags of the temporary tattoos!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I understand the desire to save American jobs. But it seems to me that sometimes it isn't that simple. Sometimes we can actually lose jobs while trying to save them. Protectionism doesn't work very well, in reality.

But I see where the impetus comes from and I am in agreement with wanting to save jobs, for sure.

Top Bottom