What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Be interesting to get your take on Temple of Doom, as that one is usually more divisive than Raiders or the Last Crusade.

Well, watched Temple of Doom just now.

It's certainly.... campier... than Raiders. Oddly felt like a lighthearted Disney movie (even though Disney didn't own them at the time).

The dialogue was pretty weak... repetition of lines... lot of padding... and Short Round.

Ah well, one thing I am enjoying is seeing the source of a lot of references... and how so many things I've seen are nearly based on the Indiana Jones formula. It really was a pioneer for the genre.

Funny, it feels like more of a George Lucas movie than Spielberg. Has a lot of Star Wars qualities to it.

Onto 'The Last Crusade' tomorrow.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I’ve been interested mostly in “the ranch” (I think) with Kutcher. Normally not a fan of him, but the dry father and others make this a pretty good watch for a small town rural setting.

overall I’m enjoying anything a bit more that does not have CG is it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, watched Temple of Doom just now.

It's certainly.... campier... than Raiders. Oddly felt like a lighthearted Disney movie (even though Disney didn't own them at the time).

The dialogue was pretty weak... repetition of lines... lot of padding... and Short Round.

Ah well, one thing I am enjoying is seeing the source of a lot of references... and how so many things I've seen are nearly based on the Indiana Jones formula. It really was a pioneer for the genre.

Funny, it feels like more of a George Lucas movie than Spielberg. Has a lot of Star Wars qualities to it.

Onto 'The Last Crusade' tomorrow.

Cover your heart, Indy!!!!

That's about the only good thing in that movie. I think I posted in this thread how that movie is a whole lot worse than I remembered.

The Last Crusade is a lot better.
    I've tried to forget everything about the Crystal Skull.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "F1, Drive to Survive" season 2 just dropped on Netflix. Great series.

Is that good? I watch all the coverage on Sky Sports for each race, so I've thought about watching that.

Although that title - maybe you could say that in the 60's, but surviving a race is almost a complete certainty these days. Maybe if you're talking about your F1 career survival...

In reality, it should be "Drive to get rich" when over half earn over $1M and the top few earn over $10M a year.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just finished The Last Crusade. That was a good, fun one. Dropped the Disney-esque aspects from ToD, and brought back the more serious and adventurous feel of Lost Ark.

Glad I finally watched these. Might throw in Crystal Skull at some point... and whatever happens with Indiana Jones 2021 movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom