What animal part did I find on my kitchen floor?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I'd be watching for a wire haired terrier in the neighborhood that just doesn't look quite right. Doesn't appear to be bushy enough for a squirrel, too small for anything larger than your dog, don't recall rabbits having long hair like that. Squirrels are daytime,rabbits are usually nocturnal. It's also missing pcs on the right. Your dog easily could have carried it in the house with it in his mouth & you never see it. You probably patted him on the head as he came in, reinforcing what he did in your yard! Contributing to delinquency of a dog!! Tisk-tisk .

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I had a cat who would catch and eat moles, all except for the anus...which he would leave on our door step.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Here's a pic of the top and bottom of a fox squirrel tail one of my kids hung in the shed to dry.

n4ZN9z.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The fur on a squirrel tail strips off pretty easily; it's a defense mechanism in case they get caught by the tail. When it's wet it'll lay down like that. I'd also say tail skeletally given the one picture. A dog or cat can catch one easily on the ground; they can move abruptly but not maintain any speed.

Our black lab has brought us a few. One time she really wanted out, and some seconds after we'd let her out she'd murdered a duck. The duck's in the freezer :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Anyone else besides Kirk and I come to this thread expecting to see bird parts? :dunno:

I've found dead birds, mice and rats
    live birds and mice

all in the house

the dogs bring the mice in, the cat brings the birds and rats in

I always seem to be the one finding them too

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    For me, last year at least, it's been the day(s) of the opossum.
    I have found no less than 8 baby opossum in my yard, and about half made it into the kitchen.

Try stepping on a dead, cold, slimy, opossum barefooted in the middle of the night.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I had a beagle years ago that was a well oiled bird killing machine, I remember once, he came in from a days hunt and proceeded to throw up 3 beaks and 3 bird feet, not 3 sets of feet, just 3 feet.

Our border collie likes to sit quietly out in the yard and wait for a mole to start tunneling, then she runs over and digs it up and kills it, I'm thinking I could probably rent her out. She hates groundhogs with a passion, too, but she only got one of those this past year.

Top Bottom