• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It will be interesting to see if sales of whatever pistol the whacko used on the Sikhs jumps when they identify it.

It was a Springfield XD, or more likely XDm, 9mm. He passed the background check, and bought it at a LGS.

Perhaps they should scrutinize anyone with a less than honorable discharge more now. That seems logical, but the bigger problem is mental illness in general, and how do you define that without blocking a lot of good people that maybe just had a nervous breakdown during a divorce or something. Basically, if they want to scrutinize everyone's medical history, which they will inherently have FULL ACCESS to by the way under Obamacare, then we will no longer have any "shall issue" states, and everyone will get denied for frivolous reasons arbitrarily, like in CA and NY. "May issue" will result in -- "will not issue unless you are friends with the politicians".

Last edited:

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    to take it one step further perhaps we need real time monitoring of a persons mental state to ensure the safety of all. I was listening to wls and they were interviewing an atf agent and he said"we are looking at the purchase of the gun and if they bought any ammunition or extra magazine" radio guy "you guys keep track of that stufff?" atf agent "yes"

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    to take it one step further perhaps we need real time monitoring of a persons mental state to ensure the safety of all. I was listening to wls and they were interviewing an atf agent and he said"we are looking at the purchase of the gun and if they bought any ammunition or extra magazine" radio guy "you guys keep track of that stufff?" atf agent "yes"

How would the ATF know if I purchase ammo or extra magazines?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How would the ATF know if I purchase ammo or extra magazines?
    Possibly credit card slips. I also wonder how much information our gun shops are giving out. We just saw that range in Wisconsin was giving info to local PoPo. I remember a few years ago, a gun shop in SB tipped police off that some guy bought a bunch of ammo. The police raided him.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This article really says nothing. How would they improve background checks? Maybe they mean to do a better job of keeping the NICS database more up to date? Or will they try to add more things that would disqualify one from owning a firearm? I see this as more politcal smoke and mirrors.

When this admin says they will improve something, it simply means slow it down with more red tape. Their goal is to eliminate guns.

.38 Special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    everything you buy on debit or credit is obtainable under the patriot act the library reports on the books you read your phone shows where you ho within three meters. the .gov has more resources than even rambone imagines
    I don't use reward cards at stores I buy them from...they can track it through that also. We have a right to privacy and it's none of their business

Top Bottom