• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've herd that shooting a supressor "wet" makes it even quieter. Now, does that mean you put water in it or some type of lube or grease?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yes.

Pic of VUPDblue's setup.
    DSCN2860.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The gel in the picture is just standard cable-pulling gel and you can buy it from Graybar, Blackbox, or even just Lowe's or Home Depot (anywhere that carries cabling equipment), but you can use almost anything including water, shaving gel/foam, etc. The upside is that "wet" is quieter. The downside is that it's messy as heck. IMHO, the mess is not usually worth the (relatively) minor dB reduction.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    God the recoil on those Serbu/Remintons has got to be hellacious! And thanks to the OP, I've always wondered myself. I've seen the Mp5sd's over in the sandbox, and the kid attached to the gun said it was a wet suppressor, so I figured it had oil in it or something, but man that thing was quiet, sounded almost like a full auto airsoft gun but louder!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The Serbu recoil really isn't bad at all, even one handed. Shooting slugs through it, however, gives it a bit of a kick. :D

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Both the Thompson Machine WASP and Poseidon are wet cans and sound wise it is night and day shooting them dry vs. wet. As the participants of NFA day will tell you, the WASP wet is just movie stupid quiet.

The WASP is not messy at all to shoot wet, but the Poseidon out of a Glock 26 is very messy. I have sold my G26 demo gun and plan to put the Poseidon on a full size 9mm next to see if it improves the mess.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I will clarify a bit that the TM cans that Curraheeguns is talking about are designed to be wet. There are wipes involved that contain a lot of the mess that the ablative creates. Cans that are not designed to be wet like oh, say the Osprey .45, do not have anything in place to contain the ablative and that **** gets everywhere. As seen in the pic above, that was after only one mag of .45 ball and there was only about 10cc of gel in the can.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I will clarify a bit that the TM cans that Curraheeguns is talking about are designed to be wet. There are wipes involved that contain a lot of the mess that the ablative creates. Cans that are not designed to be wet like oh, say the Osprey .45, do not have anything in place to contain the ablative and that **** gets everywhere. As seen in the pic above, that was after only one mag of .45 ball and there was only about 10cc of gel in the can.

The WASP does not use wipes and is very tidy to shoot. No mess at all.

The Poseidon was messy with or without the wipes on a baby glock.

Top Bottom