Went to the gun show today with 1,000 in cash...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I have to agree with the sentiment that has been expressed here. There is a lack of GOOD gunshops as well as indoor ranges locally (NW Indiana) The ones that ARE here are way overpriced. I mean that is if they even HAVE anything. I went into the 'new' westforths a couple of weeks ago and was rather disappointed. They didn't have much in the way of cleaning equipment. By this I mean solvent, oil, patches, etc In FACT I found that they had exactly ONE type of solvent (aerosol can) and only about 4 MAYBE 5 cans at that. Hell I see a bigger selection of cleaning stuff at WALLY WORLD than I saw there. I doubt I will be going back unless I hear of a DYNOMITE deal which I kinda doubt....

Greg

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I didn't see anything worth buying at the show but then I already have more than what I need. Rediculous ammo price gouging going on too and the proprietor wouldn't budge on price. Spent a buck on a cup of coffee though.

Now,,,(hint hint to those so inclined) as far as another range in the area, the old Hansen's building at Ridge and Klienman in Highland is vacant and for rent. There used to be a shooting range upstairs but don't know if the equipment was removed when Hansen's went under oh soo many years ago. I think someone should check into it. :):

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    NW IN gunshops do leave much to be desired -

I won't even step foot into Blythes anymore, the same gun that Jerry's Gun Shop will sell for $450, Blythes will try and get $620-650 out of it. And if you ask if the price is flexible - forget about it, they look at you like you're crazy - UNLESS you speak with Roger.

As far as Westforth's Sport Shop - I enjoy going in there, but there's only certain things I go in there for - last I knew they don't charge an extra fee on top of shipping when you want to send a handgun FFL to FFL, that's a plus. I've never had them receive a gun due to they charge $50, I was told this is because Blythes was charging that much so they raised the price.

I've dealt with Dave going on three years now, he is the one to deal with when going to this shop if you want to get a better price, he's off on Tuesdays. The thing to remember is that most prices in there are Negotionable - in my experience. Their stock changes frequently, so if you're in one day and there's nothing - check back in a week. You'd be really surprised at what they will give in trades sometimes.

The clientel that go to Westforth also go to Blythes.

Just my :twocents:

Oh and I liked Sheema's shop, he always seemed like a nice guy - wish he was still around to give Blythe's and Westforth's some competition.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Went to the CP gun show on Sunday was there between 10 and 12 I have to say it was the worst i have ever been too. Only found one dealer with prices that were not way out of control. ZXGun out of Goshen. Younger guy really good guy to chat with his prices were well within reason.

I was almost embarrassed at the way some of the vendors were just gouging people, saw lots of the younger guys apparently with tax return in had spending way to much on AK, AR, SKS varieties. One vender had a beat-up 10/22 with the sling studs pulled out of the stock and a pretty worn barrel for $189.00 LOL.

That is way I am glad I found this board, it makes me happy to know we still have some dealers and people in general not taking advantage of the current problems and raping everbody.

The guy at the enterance wanted $675 for a case of PMC .223, I almost crapped myself. WTF

+1 to everyone on this board

Just my .02

Last edited:
    Top Bottom