• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Having badly defined "safe travel zones" would sure put a crimp on carrying. But then I'm sure it would be a point the NRA can take to court also. It would in effect ban guns, without the ban.

and quote,
    Ald. James Cappleman (46th) said he is well aware that neither ordinance will stop the bloodshed on Chicago streets. Still he said, “My father was killed by a gun. I hate guns.”
    endquote.

No Alderman. Your father was killed by a man. If a car ran over him, would you be banning cars?

J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    I'm Hoping the NRA can put the pressure on Chicago criminals like Rahm. I would hate to try finding another job in a different location that pays as good as this,but if need be I will....even funnier, Chicago outlawed any mags over 12 and now they are outlawing those to 10 rounds. Im getting fed-up with scumbag politicians who think they know what is best for citizens. The best thing for citizens is for the politicians to be in jail.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm Hoping the NRA can put the pressure on Chicago criminals like Rahm. I would hate to try finding another job in a different location that pays as good as this,but if need be I will....even funnier, Chicago outlawed any mags over 12 and now they are outlawing those to 10 rounds. Im getting fed-up with scumbag politicians who think they know what is best for citizens. The best thing for citizens is for the politicians to be in jail.

Dude! If you believe in democracy and are not part of the American Taliban, then elections are how to deal with politicians you disagree with. Calling them criminals is just uninformed and unjustified (unless you are a facist). His constituency apparently likes him.

When it's too hot to go out, I spend more time here.......

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Dude! If you believe in democracy and are not part of the American Taliban, then elections are how to deal with politicians you disagree with. Calling them criminals is just uninformed and unjustified (unless you are a facist). His constituency apparently likes him.

You don't follow Illinois politics too much, do you ? The phrases " under indictment" and " under investigation", are fairly common when reporting on Illinois politicians. Name another State with at least two former Governors currently serving jail time.

J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    exactly, Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in america. have you heard of the Daley's? or rod blagoavich? how about this browse ordinances and Chicago laws.you'll see just how crazy Chicago is. you're right though. elections would work,if the same rules applied in Chicago. rahm has backing by Obama,and rich guy Bloomberg over in new York loves him. you can see its a little one sided for us "peasants". I wonder if amendment 14 section 3 of the constitution applies to mayors?

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    blagoplate.jpg

Blagochristmas.jpg

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This one's going to be in court quick! I'm curious if the "get them out of here in x-amount of days" assault weapons bans have ever held up. How can the gov't make you sell or destroy something that belongs to you? 4A violation?

Also, the vague "safe passage zones." I don't think that just because they passed it with an assault weapons ban that prohibitions on where you can carry is compatible with the new carry law.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This one's going to be in court quick! I'm curious if the "get them out of here in x-amount of days" assault weapons bans have ever held up. How can the gov't make you sell or destroy something that belongs to you? 4A violation?

Also, the vague "safe passage zones." I don't think that just because they passed it with an assault weapons ban that prohibitions on where you can carry is compatible with the new carry law.

Isn't this what the state of New York just did? You have X days to register your "assault" weapon, or turn them in for destruction.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The vague safe passage bothers me, but the existing law that prohibits carry on public transport also bothers me. Kinda discrimination against the poor.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    You don't follow Illinois politics too much, do you ? The phrases " under indictment" and " under investigation", are fairly common when reporting on Illinois politicians. Name another State with at least two former Governors currently serving jail time.

exactly, Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in america. have you heard of the Daley's? or rod blagoavich? how about this browse ordinances and Chicago laws.you'll see just how crazy Chicago is. you're right though. elections would work,if the same rules applied in Chicago. rahm has backing by Obama,and rich guy Bloomberg over in new York loves him. you can see its a little one sided for us "peasants". I wonder if amendment 14 section 3 of the constitution applies to mayors?

We get the 'love' we think we deserve. Works with politics as well.

J480

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Griffith IN
    doesn't appear preemtion would as it only effects laws made on or before the date the ccw law passed. I did look on the most frequent way i take to work to check for any schools (1000ft) or parks (1/8 mile,6am to 11pm per the ordinance). I can really only take one way into work that is unfortunately under heavy road construction at this time. I vaguely remember a case that was thrown out of court because police could not accurately measure the 1000ft rule. Is it measured by walking,car,or is it an imaginery bubble around schools/parks? If there are buildings and other structures in the way even if it's within 500 feet but requires that you travel over a thousand to be within the property? This is the confusion these "laws" make.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but I will reiterate.

Chicago, if we all remember, is the hood of our current Prez. I don't address him as "President" as he has not earned that accolade. Call him what you will, what is more pervasive is the attitude of Hizzoner Rahm. He is also not addressed as "His Honor" as he has not earned it either. Chicago has been and probably always will be a Democratic haven, not that being that is bad in and of itself, however, the current crop of Democrats show a couple of different things which are common with politicians. These traits are:

1. They lie (only to excess)
    2. They are liberal to an extent to make a true "liberal" vomit.
    3. They are overly entitled, and appear not to worry a whole lot while "Rome" crumbles around them.
    4. Their heads are firmly buried in one of two places: A. up their rear ends, or B. in cement.

Rahm and his ilk don't care about the voters. They still get the votes. CPD Chief (and I really use that term loosely) McCarthy came from "back east" and either has not a clue how to deploy his assets effectively, or doesn't have a clue. I'll say both. There has been some "hue and cry" about all of the tragic homicides in Chicago this past year or so, however, has there been an effective strategy to investigate and prosecute the perpetrators? If there is, it is not readily apparent.

The "hue and cry" has been of late, in Florida. Why? Because Jesse and more importantly, Al Sharpton is there. These two are both touted as "Reverends". Of what? I would submit that both of them are more "racist" than most (if not all) of us. Sharpton's diatribes have been the direct cause, more or less, for several other folks across the country to get a beat down. Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Chicago has been, and always will be the bastion for anti-gun measures between the coasts. Why? Because it is tolerated. Realistically, Springfield is not the capitol of IL. Chicago is, and always will be. That needs to change so that those folks in that beleaguered city can enjoy and exercise the rights that we all have in our state. The "Democratic Machine" needs to have a monkey wrench (or three or four) thrown into it. Until then, it will probably be business as usual there.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I hope you are being sarcastic with multiple points:

1. Willful perversion of the Constitution notwithstanding, we live in a republic NOT a democracy. This is very significant as it is at the heart of a division between limited and unlimited government.

2. Voting individual officeholders in our out should not be the issue as ALL elected officials are legally obligated to operate within constitutional limits, frequent noncompliance notwithstanding.

3. Calling them criminals is neither uninformed nor unjustified. They are actively and willfully violating the supreme law of the nation. That, by definition, makes them criminals.

4. The fact that the local constituency apparently likes its elected officeholders is irrelevant. They are violating the Constitution, and this returns us to the difference between a republic and a democracy. Democracy is unlimited government/tyranny by 51% vote which provides no rights other than what 51% say exist at any time, subject to change at the whim of an election or a legislative vote. You may wish to review the fact that our founders considered democracy a most pernicious form of government.

Top Bottom