• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    After going through the SD card I started noticing the date stamps.
    The first picture is evidently of the guy who placed the camera, but it only shows his back and the back of a bald head.
    That picture was taken on November 3 2017.
    That was about two months before the sale, but the previous owner and the realtor both told us that thee was no hunting pressure because no-one had permission to hunt the property.

So, even though it was placed before the sale, he was still trespassing.
    He has my name and phone number if he wants to call and explain what he was doing on uninvited on private property.

I am ecstatic over the pictures I got from that one camera. It only shows a small slice of the overall property, but it is a gold mine of animals.
    I looked around, but didn't see any more.

tallpaulr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Nice, but i hate to say its somewhat exactly what i despise in hunting. i loved the days of NO pay hunting or leased land etc. just chat with a landowner and all is well. i have lost so many hunitng places over the years to people who come in a pay for it. ahh sorry for the rant

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nice, but i hate to say its somewhat exactly what i despise in hunting. i loved the days of NO pay hunting or leased land etc. just chat with a landowner and all is well. i have lost so many hunitng places over the years to people who come in a pay for it. ahh sorry for the rant

Hey, I understand.
    My brother and I have had permission to hunt a combined 15 acres for the past 12 years or so.
    This is property that belongs to 3 different customers of mine.
    Before that, I had gotten permission to hunt on a dozen different properties over the years, only to lose them sometime later.
    Most of my losses were due to the property being sold.

The property we now own has not been open to hunting, at least not legally.
    It has been in private hands for decades and no-one has had permission to use the property for any purpose.

I have leased land in the past.
    I leased 50 acres a few years ago and it was a complete waste of money.
    What SHOULD have been prime hunting ground was just a constant stream of poachers and trespassers from the local neighborhood.
    I paid good money for nothing.

That all ends now.
    I still have permission to hunt the 15 acres I've been hunting, and will continue to hunt that land.
    Now however, I also have more than 3 times that same ground, and in a different county.
    I now have 2 counties of bonus antlerless quotas to be able to fill.

Everybody should have such an uncle!

Top Bottom