• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    With all of the political unrest and the volatility of our government I think one of the most important things we need to change is welfare. I think we should totally abandon this program. It has become a monster and is motivating those on it to stay on it. Too many are taking advantage. Some of them are living better than the working class. We need to get back on top but it will take efforts by all. Let's stop this madness now. Please help America and let's require all Americans to try. We shouldn't be guaranteed survival, we should be required to try. Let's help those on welfare become better people by making them pull their own weight. :patriot:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If they were to stop this madness right away you would have a revolution of all the lazy non working folks demanding their fair share at your expense and it would not be in a polite way at all

Last edited:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't believe theyre motivated enough at this point to be any more of a threat than they currently are. And just to clarify I'm well aware that those receiving benefits won't be happy.

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    It definitely needs a true reform, as in no long term hand outs, it has become a way of life for generations of people. Oh and they should lose their right to vote as well.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Welfare is bad and evil until you need it.

It's funny that you say it like that. About 12 years ago, I lost my job, and my wife only had a low paying job. I had just purchased a home and had bills up to my eyeballs. When I lost my job the second place I visited was the local entitlement program office and was summarily denied any and all services because I made too much money in unemployment. Well I had paid into the "SYSTEM" for 14 years before that, and what was I offered, nothing, nada. Well lets just say that if I had been a member of the "protected class" of citizens, then I would have most definitely gotten assistance. I say get rid of it because it is not a fair system and only furthers the worthless lazy people to continue to milk the system.

INGunGuy

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Wow... You know, I used to be on the critical side of this coin, but in the past 6 months my wife and I both have lost our jobs and our eyes are quite a bit more open then they used to be. I am an educated man with some 30 years of experience in multiple fields and some 180 resumes out there for consideration. I do not sit back with my hand out and am not on welfare, but I do empathize with those who are honestly having a hard time.

While I agree wholeheartedly that those who are abusing the system need a reality check, I also feel for those who truly need it. I think rather than doing away with the system altogether, we should seriously rework it. In this country and in this "entitlement society" we have allowed to come to fruition, the folk we need to show benevolence to get pushed to the side, while those who work the system are giving the rest of them a bad name.

Most people in this country are just a few paychecks from disaster and many of them look down their noses at a group of people who could very well be their neighbor in the breadline very soon. I have done third world missions work folks. I have literally seen the “man with no legs” begging for mere shillings on a sidewalk in Mombasa while a thousand people walk past him every day and act like he doesn’t exist. We should be careful, lest we end up like them.
    Just sayin...

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The problem is all the people that live on welfare for generations. Welfare is OK when it is used as it was intended. I deal with these people all the time. They live in section eight housing for almost free. All ways causing problems. I roll through our local section eight housing additions and see the people up all night drinking and raising cane. They think we owe them and I hate it.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    If they were to stop this madness right away you would have a revolution of all the lazy non working folks demanding their fair share at your expense and it would not be in a polite way at all

The way I see it these are already the same people robbing honest folks anyways. Yes, we need to abandon welfare, food stamps and the 10 million other BS public assistance programs, but sadly it will never happen.

We will keep going to work everyday, they will keep sitting on their asses, smoking pot, robbing people, etc and contributing nothing to society.

WHY DO WE PUT UP WITH THIS?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    With all of the political unrest and the volatility of our government I think one of the most important things we need to change is welfare. I think we should totally abandon this program. It has become a monster and is motivating those on it to stay on it. Too many are taking advantage. Some of them are living better than the working class. We need to get back on top but it will take efforts by all. Let's stop this madness now. Please help America and let's require all Americans to try. We shouldn't be guaranteed survival, we should be required to try. Let's help those on welfare become better people by making them pull their own weight. :patriot:

Wow you have a giant pair! If we stop welfare and free handouts you are going to have millions of illegal aliens in the streets in a murdering frenzy. Then all the Americans that have been paid to breed on top of that. It would be all out war in the streets.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow... You know, I used to be on the critical side of this coin, but in the past 6 months my wife and I both have lost our jobs and our eyes are quite a bit more open then they used to be. I am an educated man with some 30 years of experience in multiple fields and some 180 resumes out there for consideration. I do not sit back with my hand out and am not on welfare, but I do empathize with those who are honestly having a hard time.

While I agree wholeheartedly that those who are abusing the system need a reality check, I also feel for those who truly need it. I think rather than doing away with the system altogether, we should seriously rework it. In this country and in this "entitlement society" we have allowed to come to fruition, the folk we need to show benevolence to get pushed to the side, while those who work the system are giving the rest of them a bad name.

Most people in this country are just a few paychecks from disaster and many of them look down their noses at a group of people who could very well be their neighbor in the breadline very soon. I have done third world missions work folks. I have literally seen the “man with no legs” begging for mere shillings on a sidewalk in Mombasa while a thousand people walk past him every day and act like he doesn’t exist. We should be careful, lest we end up like them.
    Just sayin...

Here is the rub. You and your wife probably paid honestly into the system for X years before you had to rely on the system you paid into.

Illegal invaders even if using false SSN's claim outrageous numbers of depends and thus don't pay into the system anyway.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I say drug test all the people on welfare.

If I have to go to work everyday and worry about getting drug tested and loosing my job, they should have to worry about loosing the handout they get.

IMO I think that would get rid of alot of people that abuse the system.

The way this system gets abused is awful...:twocents:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I like the thought of not giving money to people, but making them earn it. Unless these people really can't get a job because of a REAL medical condition or something of that nature.

Let these people report to work and earn a paycheck. I would rather see all of these people earning something on the government dole instead of sitting at home collecting a check.

I think people would be more likely to get a real job if they had to report to work for their welfare check.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    Double bonus, we could save money by laying off more gov. workers when the welfare people do some of the park cleanup and curb painting that someones brother makes $60Gs a year doing right now.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I say drug test all the people on welfare.

If I have to go to work everyday and worry about getting drug tested and loosing my job, they should have to worry about loosing the handout they get.

IMO I think that would get rid of alot of people that abuse the system.

The way this system gets abused is awful...:twocents:

Correct!! We have a brand new addition in our area that is mostly section 8 housing. It has been open for three months. The manager requested we forward all case reports to her office that are taken for arrests and complaints in the addition. I have made four drug arrests in the place. To the additions credit all four persons are now gone. (The way it should be) They are not even allowed to smoke cigarettes inside and they are smoking marijuana and crack ect. Amazing IMO. Dope heads really irritate me.:twocents:

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Welfare is the classic catch 22 scenario. We clearly need to protect the people in society who absolutely cannot help themselves. Sadly, in setting up the structures to do so we open up the door to a more predatory class of people who could but choose the easier path of letting someone else. Those that we should be helping (the mentally disabled, the mentally ill, the physically disabled, the elderly) end up getting less and less because more and more is being used by families who could work, but now make it their business not to.

That being said, I don't think we as a society should get rid of welfare entirely. I think we should make it more difficult to be on it while able bodied in any way. I believe that public works programs should be using these people in simple ways that make it easier for them to find other jobs they perhaps like more. Those who fit the above categories should be exempt from that for obvious reasons.

Welfare pales in comparison to the losses we are suffering through collusion between the financial/corporate sector and government. If we were operating in a true market system, I doubt we would even be talking about welfare as a problem. Until jobs are available and more money goes to the middle class as wages, I doubt things will get better in any area.

Top Bottom