Weaponized Police Drones (Houston, Tejas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That ShadowHawk is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

Aierial_Hunter-Killer_from__Terminator_.jpg

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm surprised the FAA allows a drone like this to fly in the skies over Houston. I don't know if the rules recently changed, but it took some special finagling to have a Predator drone flown into Osh Kosh last year.

Also, I'd say Joe Taxpayer is the loser here as $300,000 was paid for a 50 pound RC helicopter with a fancy camera installed. One more reason why things need to change...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's not just mounting a camera, but weapons. It will not be long before they have rockets and guns and the cops will do something worthwhile like kill chickens or dogs with it.

How do we stop them from toy collecting?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    But don't you understand? They need these assets to protect the public. You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.

Citizen, show me your travel pass.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    We need to send Rambone back in time to sow the seeds against military-industrial/corporatist/statist conspiracies to deprive us of liberty. Or did he become Eisenhower already?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It's not just mounting a camera, but weapons. It will not be long before they have rockets and guns and the cops will do something worthwhile like kill chickens or dogs with it.

How do we stop them from toy collecting?

If we could just find a way to reign in the federal megabucks to local PDs that fund such things; I don't care where the accountants report it, toys like this would never be on the shopping list if it was all on the locals' dime.

I don't know how much of that fed funding is directed by the exec vs. legislative, but I can think of one candidate for President who might at least make an effort in this direction. Exactly one. Three guesses....first two don't count.

We could also start a letter-writing campaign to all the CLEOs that do such things and try to persuade them that such expenditures are contrary to liberty and a bad "investment". I'm sure most will be swayed.

Otherwise, we can wait until they are weaponized and abused, then the injured parties can sue the state. Of course, that is not preventive.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm going to attach a 12ga shotgun to my wheel barrow, paint IMPD on it and wheel it up and down the Monon. I can't wait to see the screaming crowds, overwhelmed with fear, darting back and forth in front of me like mice before a combine.

What couldn't someone attach a weapon to? Perhaps all of the light poles in Indianapolis should be taken down before IMPD attaches remote controlled mini guns to them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'm going to attach a 12ga shotgun to my wheel barrow, paint IMPD on it and wheel it up and down the Monon. I can't wait to see the screaming crowds, overwhelmed with fear, darting back and forth in front of me like mice before a combine.

What couldn't someone attach a weapon to? Perhaps all of the light poles in Indianapolis should be taken down before IMPD attaches remote controlled mini guns to them.

mini_machine_gun.jpg

Some Gorrilla Glu and you're golden.

Top Bottom