We will arrest you because we want to, the crazy police post hurricane start...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    2 Arrested For 'Lack Of Common Sense' After Rafting Down Main Street In Manayunk « CBS Philly

Short video clip that occurred before the incident.

The insanity and desire to impose their will upon to two innocent people is amazing.

I can see a motorboat or jet ski, where wave damage could be a concern (for those who aren't accustomed to flooding that is a real threat to property and buildings. That isn't the case here.

The officer cites "lack of common sense" as the charge. Brilliant. Obviously no charges are ultimately filed.

The two guys should sue for wrongful arrest.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I realize that most people don't believe that Cops have a sense of humor but the Officer was being facetious.
    He was stating the reason the kids were arrested, not the charge. :D

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I realize that most people don't believe that Cops have a sense of humor but the Officer was being facetious.
    He was stating the reason the kids were arrested, not the charge. :D
    But pass that as a law and in less than two weeks my commute home would be trouble free and most of my neighbors would be gone. (Not to mention the $$ flow it would drum up for the state):D And does this mean we've just reclassified CA as a prison

My question though is if
    No charges were filed against the boaters.
    Why the hassle, paperwork, embarrassment and trouble of the arrest if there was nothing worth charging them for; when dealing with a hurricane, pick your battles, I'm sure there are better ways to handle it than an arrest.

Crashn2me1961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    If it were actually a state of emergency, I kinda get it. Don't agree with it, or the common sense thing, but in all fairness, if they have to check on every dumb_@ss that is screwing around on the water and someone gets looted, injured, killed, dies, etc. and they didn't yank their butts off the water, think of the liability. If it weren't a state of emergency, then I don't get it at all.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    If it were actually a state of emergency, I kinda get it. Don't agree with it, or the common sense thing, but in all fairness, if they have to check on every dumb_@ss that is screwing around on the water and someone gets looted, injured, killed, dies, etc. and they didn't yank their butts off the water, think of the liability. If it weren't a state of emergency, then I don't get it at all.
    i asked this in another thread and nobody had any answers. do you actually know of any cases where the police have been held liable in a state of emergency?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Iif they have to check on every dumb_@ss that is screwing around on the water and someone gets looted, injured, killed, dies, etc. and they didn't yank their butts off the water, think of the liability.
    Liability is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That clip brought back some memories. When I was growing up in the 60's, we lived on a 1 acre lot on the edge of town. The back yard of our house and all of the neighbors would flood after a heavy rain and we kids would have a multi acre pond about 2' deep.
    There was a motorcycle dealer just down the street that would store styrofoam packing crates behind his shop. They were about 3' x 5' and would act as a raft for 2 kids of 70-100 pounds. We would have battles with the other kids trying to knock each other off of the rafts with sticks, bats or lumber. You couldn't hit the enemy, you had to push them off without getting pushed off yourself. We would be complete balls of mud before we were finished. It was a blast!:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Wait...he arrested them without having a solid criminal reason to do so? Can the PD be sued for wrongful arrest in that case?

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Maybe they could be arrested for not following some rules of the road stuff? Don't hate, just playing devil's advocate.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    ive asked twice and not one person knows of even one case. the fact finding comission has come to the conclusion that rambone is right again as usual.

Top Bottom