• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    For some reason I read your post and this came to mind immediately.

Op sorry for your troubles. Hope you can get it sorted out

Hahaha, so are you saying I'm one of the men in tights looking for fights? lol. Yea, they were a jovial bunch ready to bust out a choreographed dance scene to front their manliness. Nothing to really be sorted out though unless the atmosphere of criminality lifts from that bunch and they turn to spreading peace, love and joy.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hahaha, so are you saying I'm one of the men in tights looking for fights? lol. Yea, they were a jovial bunch ready to bust out a choreographed dance scene to front their manliness. Nothing to really be sorted out though unless the atmosphere of criminality lifts from that bunch and they turn to spreading peace, love and joy.

I was referring to Camera Monkey's post about "manly men" eating deviled eggs and finger sandwiches while OCing in an attempt to look intimidating.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I hear that a lot and I don't like the principle of uprooting just because someone or something is trying to intimidate you.

I see it all the time. One year someone is polite and well mannered, over the summer renters overtake their subdivision, and then when they come back after summer break dey be talkin bout poppin a cap in ya, ya dig homes?

The attitude is infectious and you as a parent would be very hard pressed to keep it away from your children if they hang out with anyone in your neighborhood.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It ain't funny man. I swear they can make that horse crap on demand. Right in front of my driveway with no way around it, right after I was my cars.:xmad:

One time I drove through Bremen and my truck got a little horse crap on it from the rebellious Amish. I drove around for about 5 hours staring down every beard and horse I saw (not sure I got the right one because they all look the same) but I think I did my part in teaching them a valuable lesson.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm just sayin'.

gc5668627350129559511.jpg

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    This thread sure took a turn for the worse. Objecting to people blocking the road is reasonable, but people have every right to be outside in their own neighborhood. How exactly does this make them "thugs?"

dey be talkin bout poppin a cap in ya, ya dig homes?

This is very funny, but not for the reason you think.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One time I drove through Bremen and my truck got a little horse crap on it from the rebellious Amish. I drove around for about 5 hours staring down every beard and horse I saw (not sure I got the right one because they all look the same) but I think I did my part in teaching them a valuable lesson.

Gotta roll like a G in Amish Paradise dawg. :D I gotta say though, I'll stick with the problems that come with rural living, as opposed to the stuff that urban dwellers have to deal with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This thread sure took a turn for the worse. Objecting to people blocking the road is reasonable, but people have every right to be outside in their own neighborhood. How exactly does this make them "thugs?"

This is very funny, but not for the reason you think.

You need to come over where we live and see.
    You need to go over to the OP's area and see.
    You need to open your eyes to the activity we are speaking of. If you have those people invade your area you will see.

These "Thugs" intimidate and bully. They spread stupidity and act in a manner I can not describe and remain PC in this forum. Just understand that I/we have be subjected to these A$$hats. Until you have lived it, please do not question how we would respond to it.

I realize you will turn on the flame thrower and point it my way but seriously, how much first hand knowledge do you have. Yes, the right to stand out side. No, they do not have the right to impede life as we know it, scream profanity's at each other and openly sell/do drugs. They do not have those rights.
    They infect all around them with Bravo Sierra. Woman can not walk their children home from school with out being harassed. You can not sit on your porch with out being harassed.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    You need to come over where we live and see.
    You need to go over to the OP's area and see.
    You need to open your eyes to the activity we are speaking of. If you have those people invade your area you will see.

These "Thugs" intimidate and bully. They spread stupidity and act in a manner I can not describe and remain PC in this forum. Just understand that I/we have be subjected to these A$$hats. Until you have lived it, please do not question how we would respond to it.

I realize you will turn on the flame thrower and point it my way but seriously, how much first hand knowledge do you have. Yes, the right to stand out side. No, they do not have the right to impede life as we know it, scream profanity's at each other and openly sell/do drugs. They do not have those rights.
    They infect all around them with Bravo Sierra. Woman can not walk their children home from school with out being harassed. You can not sit on your porch with out being harassed.

Believe it or not I'm not just here to give people a hard time. It's not about "PC," unless your understanding of the term is wildly different from mine. To me the word "thug" implies a violent criminal, but the OP only indicated that the people in question tend to hang out out of doors not that they run around beating and robbing people. There is an all too frequent racist subtext to the word "thug" which seemed possibly present here due to the lack of criminality, but I anticipate that pointing this out will result in cries of objection from the usual suspects.

I do not live in a low-income area, but I have in the past. I'm no stranger to gunshots and sirens. If the people in the OP were behaving criminally the poster didn't seem to think it important enough to mention. There was no mention of drugs. There was no mention of harassment. If either of these are occurring then I'd agree that those involved are thugs, but the entirety of the complaint can be summarized as "A car was stopped in the right of way. Then it moved. This has happened before." The OP is welcome to chime in with specific allegations of criminality, but noting that a murder once happened there and some people were arrested in the area doesn't qualify.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Believe it or not I'm not just here to give people a hard time. It's not about "PC," unless your understanding of the term is wildly different from mine. To me the word "thug" implies a violent criminal, but the OP only indicated that the people in question tend to hang out out of doors not that they run around beating and robbing people. There is an all too frequent racist subtext to the word "thug" which seemed possibly present here due to the lack of criminality, but I anticipate that pointing this out will result in cries of objection from the usual suspects.

I do not live in a low-income area, but I have in the past. I'm no stranger to gunshots and sirens. If the people in the OP were behaving criminally the poster didn't seem to think it important enough to mention. There was no mention of drugs. There was no mention of harassment. If either of these are occurring then I'd agree that those involved are thugs, but the entirety of the complaint can be summarized as "A car was stopped in the right of way. Then it moved. This has happened before." The OP is welcome to chime in with specific allegations of criminality, but noting that a murder once happened there and some people were arrested in the area doesn't qualify.

I was trying to be as polite as possible in describing these 'types' in my OP. I don't like getting involved in racist dialogue, but if an apple is the culprit to the woes of a pear, how many descriptors must the pear dance around in order to avoid the word apple to the fruit police? That's the way it is and I didn't even say whether it was a group of purple people or cream people causing the disturbance.

If you were to look at the crime map in that exact location, there have been at least 3 arrests at that house for warrant, gang activity and drugs. I'm not just shooting in the dark here and making assumptions. One of the bullets wizzed over my head from the last murder right there on the street. Another murder happened in front of my house at 2 AM in a minivan and the perp ran and was never caught. One Sunday, an apple teen shot at a house on the corner and ran down the sidewalk right in front of me with his gun still in his hand.

Sure, there's people who stand outside there houses, just as my children and I should be able to safely do so. But we're not causing a disturbance with drug traffic, intimidation and just plain stupidity. What's worse is that their own kids hang out with them and are indoctrinated to this lifestyle and the problem continues with the next generation.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I don't know about you but race never enters my mind when thug is used as a descriptor. It only brings to mind behavior. Assigning racial identifiers to non-racial words only limits discussion and sidetracks it.

Top Bottom