• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1727305517471.png

This is hopeful, I know. The same as the presidency and the house?

In 2016 we took all three branches. We essentially came out of having that power with nothing.

Our push was mistakenly on universal reciprocity when we should have removed suppressors from the NFA.

What are we going to do this time, **** around and over-reach again, when we could take a smaller bite and get something?

IMHO a Hearing Protection Act is the way to go. Get that done and go to the next step. SBR's ?

Lets do this...

:ingo:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Which of our pro 2A groups is working on this? What is on their platform?

I know a lot of "us" have abandoned the NRA, but weren't they the only real legislative pressure?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    View attachment 382697

This is hopeful, I know. The same as the presidency and the house?

In 2016 we took all three branches. We essentially came out of having that power with nothing.

Our push was mistakenly on universal reciprocity when we should have removed suppressors from the NFA.

What are we going to do this time, **** around and over-reach again, when we could take a smaller bite and get something?

IMHO a Hearing Protection Act is the way to go. Get that done and go to the next step. SBR's ?

Lets do this...

:ingo:
    May need to prepare a battle plan for the civil war attacks from the left if they lose…

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Personally... I think any legislative plans, are a moot point. I wish it wasn't but...
    The entire system (both sides) is pretty much run by idiots out for nothing but power and wealth gains... for themselves.
    Hell, that's why we got nothing out of winning all 3 in 2016.
    That's why all the resistance to somebody who can't be bought (Trump) gaining the White House... or getting no support back when he did.
    At this point... (IMHO) it's pretty much in the hands of the SCOTUS.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    May need to prepare a battle plan for the civil war attacks from the left if they lose…

That part is gonna be easy. (so to speak)
    I'll be at home defending my little slice of small town America (population 1,300+/-) from the "hordes" of whoever.

Even got a deal with the owner of the IGA across the street.
    I help him guard the store, he makes sure me & mine get first pick.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I think you are a bit late, if you are just thinking that now?

But this thread is about legislation of the Second Amendment and what we can do going forward to advance things in our favor.

Plenty of room and threads on SHTF in the Survival the Preparedness section.

:)

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Personally... I think any legislative plans, are a moot point. I wish it wasn't but...
    The entire system (both sides) is pretty much run by idiots out for nothing but power and wealth gains... for themselves.
    Hell, that's why we got nothing out of winning all 3 in 2016.
    That's why all the resistance to somebody who can't be bought (Trump) gaining the White House... or getting no support back when he did.
    At this point... (IMHO) it's pretty much in the hands of the SCOTUS.

We cant win anything if we don't try. We should have learned that through our abandonment of the NRA.

The libs/anti's used to be petrified of the NRA. So were the RINOS.

15-20 years ago, Todd Young would have been shamed out of his seat by the NRA, to win NO more elections, much less run for them.

:)

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Our pussies in the Senate will wail and gnash their teeth about not having 60 to break the filibusters…

Correct! All the more reason to rebuild our 2A lobbying organization.

How are we to do it? To start, we need to bull through some legislation while we have the numbers. Not loaf around with lofty goals, assuming that we will keep those numbers.

I believe the Hearing Protection Act is the way to go. It's a goal we can win through narrative/education all the while establishing and building our "new NRA." (Pick another name if you think it will help.)

:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom