• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Phuck em I'm clinging to my guns and my bible!!!!!!

1 asshat goes loony and kills people and they want our guns, how about the jerkoffs that get drunk and kill entire families in their minivan. Should we outlaw cars too? How about booze with it there would be no drunk driving right?

Wait didn't they try booze once??

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I think its very interesting that at the end of the article Vogel admits that (paraphrased) .....somehow, someway criminals will find a way to obtain and use guns, regardless of what the law says for abiding citizens because there are too many to keep track of. Isn't that completely contradictory to his "cause"? Laws don't prevent acts of crime, they punish acts of crime.

I also think it would be interesting to see a similar report on a circumstance where everyone in the vicinity of the shooting was also carrying legally....I bet a lot fewer people would have been injured and that this wouldn't happen nearly as often.

Just my :twocents:....

(Anyone notice the link to the Elkhart Project at the bottom of the page? I am sure its linked based on IP address, or maybe not, but it was also an interesting perspective focusing on Elkhart and the recession.)

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    hmmm your right we should all give up our guns and let the criminals run free reign... hopefully i can get a gnarly light saber to deflect bullets.

or we could give everyone who applies for a license a psycho analysis.

the real solution is give everyone guns... makes people too afraid to try stuff and the people with balls just end up dead.

-zack-

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Anybody notice how all weapons used in shootings are 'high-power'? These are common calibers: 9mm, .223 and .45.

So, what would a .22 be considered?
    Would a .50AE cross the threshold into the 'weapons of mass destruction' category?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    hmmm your right we should all give up our guns and let the criminals run free reign... hopefully i can get a gnarly light saber to deflect bullets.

or we could give everyone who applies for a license a psycho analysis.

the real solution is give everyone guns... makes people too afraid to try stuff and the people with balls just end up dead.

-zack-

Kinda dovetails with my idea...make the punishment for committing a violent crime so awful that only the insane would attempt it. Shoot someone while involved in a robbery? You're hung on the courthouse steps. Rape someone? You're drawn and quartered (look it up, it sucks).

Whenever I bring this up however, someone is quick to point out that the Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment". Most of those people have a selective blind spot when it comes to the Bill of Rights, however....they'd rather disarm everyone (or attempt to) than do bad things to bad people.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Kinda dovetails with my idea...make the punishment for committing a violent crime so awful that only the insane would attempt it. Shoot someone while involved in a robbery? You're hung on the courthouse steps. Rape someone? You're drawn and quartered (look it up, it sucks).

Whenever I bring this up however, someone is quick to point out that the Constitution prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment". Most of those people have a selective blind spot when it comes to the Bill of Rights, however....they'd rather disarm everyone (or attempt to) than do bad things to bad people.

If you start doing it it isn't unusual anymore and hey maybe they would like it so it wouldn't be cruel either...... just a thought.:yesway:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I say we ban drugs. Can you believe how many people are killed by drugs every year? I sure hope Nancy Pelosi and friends jump on that bandwagon.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I say we ban drugs. Can you believe how many people are killed by drugs every year? I sure hope Nancy Pelosi and friends jump on that bandwagon.

Thats a good idea and maybe murder should be outlawed also.... WOW we can solve all of our problems with some simple laws.

GOOD thinking hemicharger :+1: for you!

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I like the idea of banning murder. Thanks Repair. What about banning drinking and driving? How many cute fluffy baby seals are killed each year in DUI accidents?

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think its very interesting that at the end of the article Vogel admits that (paraphrased) .....somehow, someway criminals will find a way to obtain and use guns, regardless of what the law says for abiding citizens because there are too many to keep track of. Isn't that completely contradictory to his "cause"? Laws don't prevent acts of crime, they punish acts of crime.

I also think it would be interesting to see a similar report on a circumstance where everyone in the vicinity of the shooting was also carrying legally....I bet a lot fewer people would have been injured and that this wouldn't happen nearly as often.

Just my :twocents:....

(Anyone notice the link to the Elkhart Project at the bottom of the page? I am sure its linked based on IP address, or maybe not, but it was also an interesting perspective focusing on Elkhart and the recession.)

Great post! You would only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens and leave them even more vulnerable. If you really want to make a good argument, look at Australia. They banned guns and their violent crime rate went through the roof! It just doesn't work.....and, in this case, it's unconstitutional!

jmo2003bu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis

I'll sign that petition!

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    hopefully i can get a gnarly light saber to deflect bullets.

You will just burn your eye out....

Seriously, why does anyone need a light saber? All thes light-sabre toting crazies and the NLSA (National Light Saber Association) are just a bunch of militant right wing wackos. NO ONE NEEDS A LIGHT SABER for protection. Only the cops do to protect us.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's interesting that there is a story on the same page about a young woman that was raped on a subway platform in New York. Subway emplyees saw what was happening, pushed their emergency call buttons "but did not help" according to MSNBC. The media confuses me, you want us to depend on authorities to protect us/take away the right to self defense, but on the other hand ask why subway employees didn't get involved? Well they did what they were supposed to do, call the police and not get involved. Isn't that what we all are supposed to do, let the authorities protect us and take care of us. What if that rapist was armed...what if the young woman was armed?

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Isn't murder illegal? And if nutboy didn't have a gun, he couldn't just ram his car through the building? McVey killed how many with fertilizer? Is fertilizer a WMD now? lol

Top Bottom