• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Agreed and Amen on all points except one....to those that are confused about what a "Right" is: ---- Alcohol is a privilege. Driving and owning cars are a privilege. Having a swimming pool is a privilege. Having a job is a privilege. Playing a sport is a privilege. Owning and keeping FIREARMS is a RIGHT!

Edit - Government can order you off booze and out of driving a car (legally). An HOA can stop you from having a pool (legally). A boss can fire you (legally). The government can TRY and take your guns (illegally).

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Agreed and Amen on all points except one....to those that are confused about what a "Right" is: ---- Alcohol is a privilege. Driving and owning cars are a privilege. Having a swimming pool is a privilege. Having a job is a privilege. Playing a sport is a privilege. Owning and keeping FIREARMS is a RIGHT!

Edit - Government can order you off booze and out of driving a car (legally). An HOA can stop you from having a pool (legally). A boss can fire you (legally). The government can TRY and take your guns (illegally).

Good points. One other not mentioned in the video is that many gun deaths are from suicides. But, people can still themselves without guns

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Whats funny to me is, when I was learning to drive I was always told that driving was a privilege not a right. But my 2a is a right.

+1 we need to be careful not to draw the parallel with driving. Driving is a privilege that is highly regulated. Ins req. CDL's, testing, etc. I like his reason however.

Top Bottom