• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I live in Greenwood but get my water from Bargersville utilities. Bargersville has a watering restriction but I pay taxes to Greenwood. Am I covered by that restriction?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That was my assumption since the utility can't enforce ordinances to my knOwledge. My neighbor thought we were affected and pointed out we got a letter in our newspaper slot (I missed it)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I saw on the news tonight that some residents in Carmel are supplied water by Citizens Water, which is Indianapolis water, they are not affected and Citizens is asking Carmel to a watering ban also so that these (I think) 3,000 customers will have to conserve same as Indianapolis citizens.
    So I would say after seeing that on the news, you are not affected

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    It's not where you get your water, it's where you live. Just to directly refute and correct the post above.

Note: citizens water hasn't impossed a ban, the indianapolis mayor did. Like another poster said, he has no jurisdiction over Carmel.

That said, I've been conserving water for a month now... But I'm also on a well. The garden does get water, but never through a sprinkler. The grass? Hogwash. Who really NEEDS to ever water grass?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    It's not where you get your water, it's where you live. Just to directly refute and correct the post above.

Note: citizens water hasn't impossed a ban, the indianapolis mayor did. Like another poster said, he has no jurisdiction over Carmel.

That said, I've been conserving water for a month now... But I'm also on a well. The garden does get water, but never through a sprinkler. The grass? Hogwash. Who really NEEDS to ever water grass?

This is correct. However, it would be inconsiderate to not conserve. As my senior DS Jarvey would say, "Don't be a buddy****er."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's how it should be since he's drawing from the affected water source, but apparently anybody will look for any reason not to ration his usage.

I'm sure you are using the global "his" and not directing that at me. I could double my watering schedule and still be within the restriction.

As a real estate broker, can you explain the jurisdiction a city I don't live in has over me?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    No... Lack of rainfall has led to that...

There was a voluntary restriction that did not yeild the desired results. After one week of voluntary restrictions, 40 million gallons were conserved. In three days of ban, 75 million gallons were conserved. That's double. I am relying on Fox59 for the numbers.

I don't mean to antagonize our resident doctor, but the resevoir levels can be managed if citizens do their part despite of the lack of rainfall.

I am doing my part by cutting showers completely.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    correct but when resources run low, it is wise to conserve. Some people just didn't/don't feel the need to unless the govt steps in :dunno:

Ah yes, government mandating wisdom upon its citizens. I'm just testy from the rip a few posts above based on what appears to be pure gall

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't mean to antagonize our resident doctor, but the resevoir levels can be managed if citizens do their part despite of the lack of rainfall.

I am doing my part by cutting showers completely.

I'm not a resident, I'm an attending ;)

Curious, how are you maintaining the level of cleanliness iNGO has come to expect?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No offense meant. I meant you're a doctor who virtually resides in INGO.

I know, that's why I put the winkie face emoticon. I'm one of the more laid back, self effacing docs you'll meet.

To tweak some people in this thread: some bans include filling a new swimming pool. If I call a "pool water" truck and have it deliver me water obtained either privately or from a municipality without a ban, should I be fined? Is that the way "it should be"? Does the city also ban the import of a given utility?

Top Bottom