Watch enthusiasts - What's on the wrist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Watchuseek.com is a forum dedicated to watches.

Once you figure out what you wan in a watch.. Digital.. Manual.. Auto etc you can choose a company based on your price point that has most of what your looking for.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    IMAG0186-1.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    What are all these round things with pointy bits? Of course, I'm one of those ape-descended life forms that are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. Here's my Forester, a variation of G-Shock:

ftw100d-7v.jpg

It has a total overload of geek features, but believe it or not, I've used nearly all of them.

I did have to Google tourbillon; I've seen the word but never really connected to it. Wikipedia, whatever you think of it, provides a pronunciation guide. How the heck am I supposed to pronounce tʊərˈbɪljən? That just means a whole lot of not much to me.

I do think I'd like a nice pocket watch, especially if it's something I could fix ex-SHTF (don't worry, I can fix a lot of things) but I'm kind of looking forward to no longer feeling a compulsion to keep millisecond accuracy.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I consider myself to be an aficionado of the wrist attire.. But 99 days out of 100 I'm wearing a Casio A158W-1.. Don't judge!

71hsn6fYbBL._SL1500_.jpg

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    This is a good thread for me to catch up on. I have just recently decided to start looking for a nice quality watch. I thought I was going to pick up a newer Invicta. Until I started reading online about them. I still think a lot of them look good but they have some seriously shady business practices.

I don't have much to spend because I'm poor. And I allocate most of my fun money to electronics and guns, but I absolutely fell in love with the Bernhardt Sea Shark in Green for 239. They are made in America from Miyota 8215 designed by Citizen of Japan. Sapphire crystal face and water tight up to 200M. 2 Year warranty, but I don't think you'll need it.

dqpqwk.jpg

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Those are interesting 'art' watches. Any idea what movement is used in that brand?

When I bought the first one, the lady said that he uses Citizen actions. I dug around on the web and really couldn't find anything that stated definitively one way or the other. I can say that whatever he uses, they both keep great time. Never have to adjust them

I did find this video, which is pretty interesting:

[ame="http://youtu.be/SHxiZaxkcS8"]http://youtu.be/SHxiZaxkcS8[/ame]

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Hebrew Watch: Eduardo Milieris Men's Narrow Band Jewish Watch

Watchcraft Watches, Milieris handmade watches New Full Moon Designs

I found several sites selling these watches saying it's a Citizens quartz movement, but I couldn't find any site belonging to Milieris. I'm banking on these sites not lying. LOL.

Excellent. Thanks! His website is here: Watchcraft, but he doesn't seem to show his products on his site. He does show quite a bit on his FB page, though: https://www.facebook.com/watchcraftbymilieris

My wife just came by. "You're talking about watches on there? So I guess INGO isn't just all about the guns, ya?"

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Excellent. Thanks! His website is here: Watchcraft, but he doesn't seem to show his products on his site. He does show quite a bit on his FB page, though: https://www.facebook.com/watchcraftbymilieris

My wife just came by. "You're talking about watches on there? So I guess INGO isn't just all about the guns, ya?"

LOL. INGO is about whatever a bunch of gun owners WANTS it to be about at any given point in time.

Top Bottom