• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I got my Recce7 in today and it comes with little washers, I am not sure what the hell to do with them if anything. I put on the flash comp mount and then the suppresser. Everything seems to look okay, am I missing something.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If it's a compensator, I'm guessing the "washers" are shims and the comp is supposed to be timed/indexed. At least that's how it works with my YHM qd brakes.

Edit: I just Googled a pic of the brake and it'll definitely need timed.

Last edited:

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Thanks Wsenefeld, I figured it was something I needed to do, but what you wrote is a little Russian to me so I will stop back by Copper custom today and have them do whatever (timed) means. I will google it too just to see what it is.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    wsenefeld is exactly right. Some people call them peel washer. Just whatever you do, don't use a crush washer... They are indeed for timing, hopefully it'll like up just right without them. Had a little trouble with some timing on the last one I put on.

Timed is making sure that the break is lined up correctly. As in the ports are not pointing up down or at angles but directly out to the side as a break should be.

The spacers that you have are to take up some room on the threads basically so that way it'll stop at a point where the break is on as it should be rather than twisted on further and the ports facing a funny way.

Does that make any sense? You can see a video on how to put it on I'm sure and they will explain it while being able to see it and it'll be super clear!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    What they said. Basically, the gas comes out of those ports for a reason. They are designed to point a certain way. Whether it is to hide flash, re direct the sound, or help with recoil. You want them pointing the correct way so they function as they should.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Thanks everyone. I stopped at Copper Custom again this morning and they walked me though it and made sure it was right for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom