• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justh8me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    SCCY 9mm as my carry along. I like how light it is, and it feels good.
    I know the problem with the safety if you have bigger hands. But other than that, is there any reason I should not go with this model?
    Like is it a complete bear to clean like the hi points. etc.
    Thanks in advance all!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have one and I love it! Very easy to take down and clean. In my opinion it is a very nice carry gun! For the price I highly recommend the CPX1. Good luck in your decision!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Several folks over on GlockTalk have them...

about half think they're complete junk, and about half don't have any issues with theirs.

One guy had his pistol beat itself apart within a handful of rounds.

If it were ME, I'd not buy a SCCY, but buy a KelTecP11

ETA: about the only way that I'd ever buy/own/carry/shoot a SCCY would be if it were the only thing produced.

-J-

Last edited:

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I shot one at the range and I personally liked it. I was talkin to the guy who owned and he told me that they're customer service was great which is a big plus with the lifetime warranty.Just my :twocents: though.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I shot one mag through one and my hand turned the safety on about 3 times. Not what I'm looking for in a carry gun. My hands aren't that big (size 9 glove)

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    If it is just for plinking buy whatever make you happy. But, if this is to be your carry gun, no way! If you ever need to use this pistol "lifetime warranty" and "great customer service" will mean very little to you. When you are buying a carry pistol that could be used to save your life or the life of a loved one buy quality, even if you have to wait and save up a little more money.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have a CPX-1 I personally think its a decent gun for the money. I had a few issues with it when I first bought it. It wasnt ejecting casings properly but customer service was great. I give them the benifit of the doubt because I have a low numbered gun so there were a few bumps in the road with them being a newer company. Its a good range gun and would make a decent carry gun.

Top Bottom