• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    I was pulled over a while ago (about a month) and completely forgot that we are supposed to post that stuff here.

As mentioned above, I was in Avon driving North on Dan Jones and drove through and intersection at what I believe to be 45, but I was informed that I was traveling faster.

The Sheriff was apparently very excited to catch me as he was "flying around everyone on a double yellow," according to a coworker that was following behind me.

That said, when he approached my window, I had both hands on the wheel and informed him that I was carrying a firearm. I don't know if it was my imagination or what but it seemed to throw the Officer off his game a bit.

He asked where the firearm was (on my hip), which hip (my right), and which was my dominant hand (my right). He then informed me that I would be receiving a warning after he ran my info. I hand him my license, LTCH and registration, he takes a quick look at all three (all three have differing addresses... I had already informed ISP of the address change but didn't bother getting a new license issued).

He then hands me back my paperwork and says to have a nice day and thanks me for informing him... He even helped me get back out on to Dan Jones.

I didn't get pulled out of the car, I wasn't asked to surrender it, he didn't even ask what I was carrying (a 1911 of course). Absolutely no issues.

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    I know lots of the Hendricks county sheriffs department and local Avon, Plainfield, and Danville PD. Most are very nice and very knowledgeable about state gun laws. Most of them are huge gun guys also which helps a lot

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Surely he was gruff or rude or said something to offend you...otherwise this story is completely unbelieveable. :D

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    FYI, the Hendricks County Deputy Sheriff, Steve Wagner, who is currently running for the #1 spot to replace the retiring Sheriff, is a HUGE supporter of the 2nd A, and a big fan of citizens carrying. (and he's a good man!)

Top Bottom