• ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    No the Navy is just a support group for Marines.:D

They do make me nervous when standing behind me though.;)

Odd, I'm pretty sure your pay check came from the Department of the Navy.

Marines...Looking for a few good men.
    On a ship full of seamen. :patriot:

As you can tell OP it's a select group to be a vetran, you get to give each other loads of BS, get in bar fights with them, then stand shoulder to shoulder to give all you have for this country.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Every day in the Army is like Sunday on the farm, Every meal a banquet, Three hots and a cot What more could you ask for?

PFFT I was just glad they had doghnuts and coffee at the station every morning for us. My hand would cramp up writting all those tickets without proper sugar and cafeine intake.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

As you can tell OP it's a select group to be a vetran, you get to give each other loads of BS, get in bar fights with them, then stand shoulder to shoulder to give all you have for this country.

What? I was supposed to get a pay check?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'll tell the OP the same thing I'm telling my oldest who is wanting to pursue a Ranger/SF tab.

Do all that great stuff in your earlier enlistments while you are young and full of it. You can do the "after the Army" career stuff later.

If you want to go be a kick-ass mofo... go for it!

Warning: Language

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdY0NMDqYQ]YouTube - Ranger School Promo 2[/ame]

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah, the USMC doesn't need to bribe recruits to join.

that's because they don't need very many.

Army has 548,000 active duty soldiers, plus 350,000 Army National Guard and 205 Army Reserve.

Marine Corps has 203,095, and 40,000 Reserve.

Each person finds their own branch, my family has Army history dating back to the beginning of the country.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    All I have to say is, if you do it, go Infantry. They get all the perks. If you want to reclass later, so be it. Starting in the Infantry is definitely the way to go.

This is coming from an Air Defense Artilleryman.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    All I have to say is, if you do it, go Infantry. They get all the perks. If you want to reclass later, so be it. Starting in the Infantry is definitely the way to go.

This is coming from an Air Defense Artilleryman.

WTF is a Air Defense Artilleryman?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Marines...Looking for a few good men.
    On a ship full of seamen. :patriot:

"I love all you Navy boys..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yo-_qpfPNA]YouTube - Lt. Kaffee and Lt. Kendrick[/ame]

I'm looking forward to being a part of the brotherhood of servicemembers from every branch. :patriot: (Even though I know Marines are the best ;) :cool: )

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    What do you want to get out of your service?

If you want to be a "major league door kicker" then OCS probably wouldn't be the best bet. Most officers get 2 combat tours. Even then the 1Lt is never the first guy through the door.

If your desire is to be down in the mud and the blood, then you should enlist.

I would also highly encourage you to check out the Marine Corps. The competition is a lot more stiff, but you have more of a chance to end up in an active combat role too, which is what it sounds like you want. The Marine Corps also has a lot fewer slackers. They have their fair share of jokers, but they're fewer and farther between, once again, just because the Corps is smaller and more competitive. If Rangers is something you like, you can always petition to be a Recon Marine. It's the only special force group that isn't officially recognized as special forces and they make up for that by training twice as much. :D Even if you don't get into Recon, the typical ground pounding Jar Head gets more than enough combat training in "major league door kicking"

With your college degree, you can always go through OCS as prior enlisted if you get tired of working for a living. ;)

Marine Recon, were just let into the spec ops community afew years ago. and they all wanna go get their Ranger tab. I wonder why??? :)
    Cause Rangers are the best and have been doing it for DECADES.

GO RANGER STAG!!! why be a groupie when you can be a Rock Star!!!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Marine Recon, were just let into the spec ops community afew years ago. and they all wanna go get their Ranger tab. I wonder why??? :)
    Cause Rangers are the best and have been doing it for DECADES.

GO RANGER STAG!!! why be a groupie when you can be a Rock Star!!!

That's easy, the Marine Corps is cheap, so the Recon guys are just using the Rangers for their money.

Top Bottom