• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    Im thinking bout getting a glock but not sure what flavor. I want to trick it out a bit. I always put good triggers in all my pistols right off the bat. I never cared for glocks much due to the grip angle.Im a 1911 guy so I have a few M&ps. There is no doubt that glock makes a very good pistol just never like the grip angle. My questions r what is the differences in the g3&g4 ? Im not sure what caliber. I used to have a 10mm in a delta elite and liked it but hell the way ammo is I cant even imagine what ammo would run for it. I do have a can for 9mm and 45 so that is a thought I have to think of. When they came out the compensated models they really caught my eye but I dont see many so I wonder if they are worth the extra money. What mite help also if anyone has some pics of their tricked out rigs that would help. Really any insight would be greatly appriated. its kinda funny when I started looking at getting a glock I couldnt even tell the difference of the 20s 26 17. If I seen a listening id have to google it to see what caliber it was .

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    1911s and Glocks for me also and I don't have any trouble adjusting between the two. Stop by USDS some Saturday or Sunday when I"m doing free Glock inspections and check out my G-17 and 34.. It might help you make up your mind. :)
    PM me and I'll let you know when I'm going to be there. NRA basic pistol courses and private lessons (along with my 40 hour a week job) have kept me pretty busy lately.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've kind of come full circle with Glocks. My first purchase was a G4 G17. I just hated it... I couldn't hit the ocean with it. Same thing with a G3 G26 I had picked up for CC. But it was me, not the Glocks... I was really new to shooting, and hadn't learned good grip/trigger techniques yet. After trying M&Ps and other odds and ends, I shot my younger brother's G4 G23 in 40, and I was hooked! By this time, I'd had a good amount of trigger time with a variety of guns, and had learned better shooting habits along the way. I went out and got my own G4 G23 and love it, it's my GTG. I've become a fan of 40, and it's fairly easy to find.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    You stated twice you "Didn't like the grip angle" why would you buy a Gun that you didn't like? There are a lot of Polly Guns out there, find one that fits and you shoot good. My old Arthritic hands don't leave me many options but the 1911 platform still works for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you get a Glock, check out the Grip Force Adapter. It adds a bit of material to the top of the grip which helps it point more like a 1911. Or, you could add an extended main spring housing to your 1911s to help them point like a Glock. I carry both Glocks and 1911s and have found that the grip angle is not a problem for me. In my opinion, grip angle issues are usually felt when shooting a gun you are unfamiliar with. Buy a Glock and shoot it a lot and you will probably forget there is a difference in grip angles.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    My first was a 1911, have purchased quite a few other models including both semi and revolvers. I have held a few Glocks but never fired one until I bought one this past July. I was a little skeptical about the grip angle too, but whatever it is, I shot my G22 really well from the first day. After the 3rd range trip within 2 weeks, I now carry that G22 everyday and am looking for a G23 and G27 for in between carry.

They are lightweight and hold a lot of firepower. Their parts, magazines and so on interchange easily. I am hooked. My G22 generation 3 does have a beavertail adapter on it, as I bought it used. That may have something to do with why I like the grip angle more, maybe not.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    If you really like the 1911 grip angle you may want to check out Lone Wolf. I believe they make a frame for glocks that has the 1911 grip angle.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    :+1:
    You stated twice you "Didn't like the grip angle" why would you buy a Gun that you didn't like? There are a lot of Polly Guns out there, find one that fits and you shoot good. My old Arthritic hands don't leave me many options but the 1911 platform still works for me.

glocktime855

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2013
    muncie
    I love my glocks im a big 40. Cal fan. Started with 22, then I bought 27 to have second CC. I recently got a 35 and man I really really like it!! It about same general size of a 1911 full size and its Damn accurate ! I have owned a few 1911 I would love to have a WC1911 but man it s not cheap! I say buy it you can always sell it on armslist for way overprice like people do hahaha good luck

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a Gen 3 Glock 20 and love it. As far as ammo goes, it's out there. Not sure the current pricing, though. I load my own and do know that I can pick up 50 rd box of Armscor FMJ, if needed, at the local Rural King.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carry a Glock 29 10mm, and though I own several Glocks including a Glock 20 10mm, the "29" feels best to me in terms of the most powerful round in a compact package.

mugable

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe it's just me but the difference in grip angle between a Glock and a 1911 doesn't bother me one bit.
    I shoot just as terribly with either one ;).
    That being said I purchased a Gen 4 Glock 19 a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it so far.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Glock grip angle sucks, feels weird but shoots perfect every single time, don't let the feel get in the way of a firearm that aims and goes bang perfectly every single time keep you from getting one!

Glock gen3.5 ftw!

Top Bottom