• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    I have been looking at getting an 1887 lever action shotgun. And I was thinking about a Norinco or maybe ordering one from Buffalo Arms. So I was wondering if anyone owens one or had any thoughts about these. Any info you could give me would be very much appriciated, Thanks.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I don't own one, but I see plenty of them shot at the local CAS matches. My buddy got one of the Norincos and had a smith do the drop-2 mod on the carrier and it seems to run great. I've shot it enough to know that for competition, it'll take a lot of practice to get fast. The long lever throw means that you have to be aggressive when shooting it or the empty won't eject and/or the next round won't get lifted.

If you want it for other purposes, you don't want to get the drop-2 mod done as it prohibits the magazine useage.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    The lever action 12ga is one fun gun to shoot. It definately has some lasting Bad@$$ factor since Arnie pulled one out of a flower box. To prove its popularity as a classic, it's going to be featured as a specialty shotgun in the new Call of Duty video game Modern Warfare II
    3649998268_9fb87dbe69.jpg

After using the shotgun durring about 3 range trips, I have concluded this:
    The lever is a hell of a lot more fun to shoot than pump.
    I can load the lever faster than the pump, however I can shoot a pump gun faster than the swinging the lever, and with the pump my sights stay on target while I am pumping which is more difficult with the lever.
    I can hit clays easier with the sights on the lever, and the 20" barrel is very easy to maneuver than my buddies 28" remington.
    I did shoot slugs through this gun, and even without rear sights like I am used to on a rifle, I was able to place accurate shots.

Having built my AR as my first gun, and spending alot of money on different extras like magazines, an eotech, a rail system, back up iron sight, I have come to the conclusion that this shotgun is probably the best 500 dollars I spent on a firearm. You can find a cheaper 12ga that can do the trick, but I am happy with mine.

As far as the two shell drop and shoot modification, I would want to keep my magazine capacity. Even the way it is right now, I can still put one in the reciever, and slide one in the tube, which takes just a little bit more focus on what you are doing than just dropping two in, but its still pretty easy.

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    I do not know about the new ones. I got a org. winchester 87 and it works just fine.I got to use lower pressure loads for the old barrel but shots just fine.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom