• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Become Amish, they're exempt. So might be muslims, too. Apparently insurance is haraam, a sin, since it's a form of gambling. Interesting.

via Sweetness-Light

From pages 273-4 of the now passed Senate bill (a pdf file):
    18 (5) EXEMPTIONS FROM INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

—In the case of an individual who is seeking an exemption certificate under section 1311(d)(4)(H) from any requirement or penalty imposed by section 5000A, the following information:
    (A) In the case of an individual seeking exemption based on the individual’s status as a member of an exempt religious sect or division, as a member of a health care sharing ministry, as an Indian, or as an individual eligible for a hardship exemption, such information as the Secretary shall prescribe.
    By the way, if these groups can get an exemption on the grounds of their personal beliefs — why can’t Catholics, especially as this bill allows for the federal funding of abortions?
    Indeed, shouldn’t everyone who doesn’t approve of abortion or any of the other provisions of the bill be exempted no matter what their official religion?
    Read the fatwa at the source. At least someone has an out.

jaramia20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Michigan City
    You would have to show that you are Amish or Muslim . So unless you want to give up your TV/computer or start praying 100+ times a day , I think your SOL ... Just my :twocents:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I still have hope it will be(as it is) be found unconstitutional. May be too much to hope for-but I'm convinced forcing someone to buy something against their will is and always will be UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Sweeeet!!! I guess from here on out I am Amish. After this administration has it's way I suppose that I will be living at about the same standard as they do anyway so I may as well get my foot in der door right now LOL. At least I won't have to change Gods. Hey I wonder if the Electric Amish qualify? I could at least keep my computer and still have lights in my house. Well.... I better get out and learn to help Graber plow the back forty.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not Amish, or muslim, or catholic. I do find it against my religion to support abortion. I'm now exempt. See how easy that was? :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SE has the right idea. Micheal Savage (??Sp??) radio talk host said it best. Since they have excluded the Amish based on religious beliefs they have opened the door for anyone else to sue to get out of the program based on religious beliefs. If they don't let you out then the gov is DISCRIMINATING against your religion which it can not since they have excluded the amish. So Savage recommended that everyone find something in their religion to sue based on and thus fill the courts with millions of lawsuits.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SE has the right idea. Micheal Savage (??Sp??) radio talk host said it best. Since they have excluded the Amish based on religious beliefs they have opened the door for anyone else to sue to get out of the program based on religious beliefs. If they don't let you out then the gov is DISCRIMINATING against your religion which it can not since they have excluded the amish. So Savage recommended that everyone find something in their religion to sue based on and thus fill the courts with millions of lawsuits.

I'm a Christian and as far as I know, Christians are mostly against abortion. Simple enough right? :D Probably not, but still.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    You would have to show that you are Amish or Muslim . So unless you want to give up your TV/computer or start praying 100+ times a day , I think your SOL ... Just my :twocents:

Also, if choosing Amish, no guns (except for hunting). They are pacifists. Awesome preppers, though. If the economy collapses, they'll just sell less stuff, but they'll still eat well.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Also, if choosing Amish, no guns (except for hunting). They are pacifists. Awesome preppers, though. If the economy collapses, they'll just sell less stuff, but they'll still eat well.

2924989545_bd535c5ff1.jpg

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hmm got me thinking, if I remember right the number of the "poor (as in sad) people" who were uninsured and dying on the street was close to 30 million. (Don’t quote me)

Now I know included in this count was illegal immigrants which probably consist of a good percent. I wonder if these people in these types of religions were a part of this count too?? Plug in the healthy younger people too who would rather take their premiums (or whatever you call the weekly thing you pay for insurance) and spend it elsewhere. Now take a look closer and it doesn’t look like there are 30 million “Poor unfortunate” people dying on the street without health insurance but only a few million if that

So why do we need a 3++++Trillion dollar ObamaCare plan that will just sink us that much farther in debt??? I'm just saying......... :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I hear ya. They said if you were on or buying drugs you were supporting Terrorist.So I would say the same for healthcare as well . You would be supporting murder. Definitely against my Christian beliefs.

Look, there's a very simple way to stop obamatardcare.

Stop paying federal taxes. Yes, it would take millions of American's in a united effort, but since most people who are paying taxes are conservatives, even if the liberals didn't follow suit it wouldn't matter. They'd just stop getting a welfare check. :D

Oh, ok. It's unrealistic. It would take the States themselves to stop paying the feds. It would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

A more realistic undertaking would be everyone against obamatardcare just not comply with anything in the bill, period. There's no way in hell they could arrest, fine, whatever a 100 million people, I don't care HOW many IRS agents they hire.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My point exactly. And don't forget, the National ID system has it's foundation in the bill too.

Top Bottom