Walther P22 @ Gander mtn for $249, good price?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    this is torture - i keep talking myself out of them and you guys keep bringing me back in.
    Does Gander Mountain buy/trade guns? Got a Mossberg 500 20ga youth field/deer combo that I fired twice, decided i liked my remington best.

fwpd1763

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    That's the price (NIB) and I filled out a rain check for one today. I'm ninth in line in Ft. Wayne. They are supposed to get some in on Friday and if they don't get enough they will still honor the price until they fill the order.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I just got off the phone with gun dept. at Gander Mountain and they were selling the P22s at this price "BUT" they sold out yesterday (Tuesday) and are not going to receive anymore till after the holidays. I was told to check with the other stores and see but he had heard that all the stores were sold out!

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Just picked up the last one they had @ the Greenwood store today. I had them check the back and they had one that was a scratch and dent. Bring it out I am like where is the problem. They point to the side of the slide and there sure enough is a pin dot if not smaller nick on the finish. I thought it was lint when I was looking at it. $199, plus a Gander bucks certificate for 75$ that a family member gave me. Bought it out the door for like 140$. Very happy with the purchase. The guy I was dealing with was very nice to boot.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I was in Greenwood this morning traveling and stopped in, no luck. On the way home I hit Castleton just to satisfy my curiousity, and they were sold out as mentioned. Neither place would offer a raincheck. Castleton folks were rude, and did say no more trucks until after the holidays, so, none in until after the sale. I spoke to a guy who worked at another store and he said there are a bunch "in transit" to Indiana stores, including Greenwood, Merrillville, and Terre Haute.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Terre Haute got their shippment, which was "a lot" according to one girl I talked to, on Wednesday, and from the conversation I had with another sales person, that is their typical delivery day.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I called Terre Haute store, as its a bit of a drive for me, and I wanted to see if they would hold one. (I would hate to make the trip and come home empty handed!). They said they don't have any, and expected them on the truck yesterday but none arrived. They said they should be in any day now, but can't say when.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I called Terre Haute store, as its a bit of a drive for me, and I wanted to see if they would hold one. (I would hate to make the trip and come home empty handed!). They said they don't have any, and expected them on the truck yesterday but none arrived. They said they should be in any day now, but can't say when.

who ever you talked to didnt know what was going on. I bought mine there yesterday, after they sold out this past sunday, they got more in yesterday, so I got one at lunch. They had one in the case, and went to the back to get mine as they had more back there with out tags and didnt have to search for the case.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the info! I will probably end up making the drive over the weekend anyways, as I can't sit still thinking I might be missing one...even though I have talked myself out if it 3 times....whoops!

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    GM has some pretty good deals every once in a while.

I concur with the Castleton store. Most of the guys there are very rude. I had them do a transfer once and the one of the guys pissed me off so bad I swore i'd never be back.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    went to the terre haute store tonight cause I was in the area. There wasn't one in the display case so I asked if they sold out, and the guy said he thought they did, but when questioned didnt seem to sure, and didnt want to go look in the back. Kinda rude actually.

anyway, they might be out, but they may get more next wednesday. I asked about a raincheck, and he said they dont do that on special sale items, which made no sense to me.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    tried greenwood last night since I was driving thru there, no luck. The guy I talked to said he didn't know if they were getting any more in before christmas. And no rainchecks.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I called the Gander in Castleton and the guy was a total dick. In fact, he sounded as if I was totally bothering him as if it wasn't his job. Of course they didn't have them in stock. The one in Castleton seems to sell of out of their sale items instantly. They just use those sales items to get you in the store to buy their overpriced items. Some of their gun and ammo prices are ridiculous.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I called the Gander in Castleton and the guy was a total dick. In fact, he sounded as if I was totally bothering him as if it wasn't his job. Of course they didn't have them in stock. The one in Castleton seems to sell of out of their sale items instantly. They just use those sales items to get you in the store to buy their overpriced items. Some of their gun and ammo prices are ridiculous.

They did have an LCP when we went in there over the weekend. Spasmo pinched the web of her hand in it trying to rack the slide.

The counter guy was very helpful (even though it was clear we were just shopping and not buying). In fact, I don't think I've ever had a bad counter experience at the Castleton store. Not commenting on the prices, although you can occasionally find a good deal there.

Top Bottom