• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Stopped in Walmart on the way home to pick up some food for dinner and checked that ammo shelves as usual and saw that they have now posted this:

9601_574107442608801_1260483640_n.jpg

I guess now it may be easier to find A box now and then. :xmad:

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Good! If ammunition starts showing up on shelves maybe the panic will stop.

This...

And maybe it will stop people from buying up the whole lot and turning around and selling it for 1.5x's the price on armslist...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    No it won't, it is likely to make it worse actually. That's just how our lizard brains act when face with limits. Makes us fear the shortage even more since we cannot buy what would make us feel good.

I do have to wonder if it applies to the guys unloading the truck who have been the likely culprits for the empty shelves at Wally World.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I had a big reply for this but my phone messed up. I am an overnight manager and all of our ammo gets stocked as soon as the truck is done. The corporate direction is to limit to 3 boxes. A 1 box limit is store directed. My store does 3. Also, there is no under stocking at my store as I verify the invoice with what we receive then personally stock the ammo. I can't tell you what happens in other stores or on my nights off. I also do not make any purchases myself until it has been on the shelf for at least 48 hrs.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I had a big reply for this but my phone messed up. I am an overnight manager and all of our ammo gets stocked as soon as the truck is done. The corporate direction is to limit to 3 boxes. A 1 box limit is store directed. My store does 3. Also, there is no under stocking at my store as I verify the invoice with what we receive then personally stock the ammo. I can't tell you what happens in other stores or on my nights off. I also do not make any purchases myself until it has been on the shelf for at least 48 hrs.

I have a buddy who works at one in my area who says the same thing.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The stores in Fort Wayne have not had ammo on the shelves for months, except for one occasion. Last month I visited one store and found one box of 100 WWB .38SPL still on the shelf. As I waited for the employee to open the case for me, another person asked for ammo and a phone call came to the employee inquiring if any ammo was available. I have learned it is pointless to go to Walmart any longer in search of ammo. Either the shop is not selling it or someone is tipping off friends so the stuff is bought in bulk as soon as it hits the floor.

At least in Gander Mountain in the Fort you know you can get panic priced ammo if you get in line at 0730 on Thursday morning. At Walmart, one does not even know when the ammo is shelved unless one knows an employee or bribes the manager. Of course, YMMV.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood

So answer me this. Let's say a store gets ten 100rd boxes of .223, can an employee purchase the three box limit before they go out on the shelves? If company policy allows that type of purchase...so much will be explained.

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I was at PSS last week and saw that they had 10 cases of 7.62x51. I asked if I could by half a case but was told only 1 box of 50 per customer per day. Bob said they wanted to let everybody be able to shoot some. I guess some Walmart's is doing the same.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    So answer me this. Let's say a store gets ten 100rd boxes of .223, can an employee purchase the three box limit before they go out on the shelves? If company policy allows that type of purchase...so much will be explained.

Has to? Bc the Wally on east wash got the 100 round federal bulk n last night and it never ever hit the shelf, as they have .22lr n stock and even says so on the Wally app and it is no we're to be found even tho still showed INSTOCK. They have a lock box they put n and guy said it was empty but didn't sound very reassuring!!!!!!

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    No, at Wal-Mart an item must be on the shelf for eleven hours before a employ may purchase .

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Has to? Bc the Wally on east wash got the 100 round federal bulk n last night and it never ever hit the shelf, as they have .22lr n stock and even says so on the Wally app and it is no we're to be found even tho still showed INSTOCK. They have a lock box they put n and guy said it was empty but didn't sound very reassuring!!!!!!

The stock people like to play with the inventory levels during their shift to see how many buzzards come around the cases. After a couple weeks they know you are there before you hit the doors. They update the discrepancies before the end of their shift and all is good. It helps pass time. Did I forget the purple?

Last edited:

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    I saw the one box limit sign at one of the stores here in Columbus this afternoon. I stopped in because according to the website they had the 223 100rd Federal packs. Asked the person back there who looked under the coutner and checked in back but shockingly couldnt find anything. I have also noticed that if you use the Walmart website for some ammo it doesn't list store availability anymore.

Top Bottom