Walgreens Customer Shoots armed Robber & saves lives.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Is anyone else confused by the wording of the story?

"A man who had a permit to carry a gun saw the robber point the weapon at the clerk and pulled out his handgun and shot the suspect multiple times, police said. The robber stumbled out of the store and collapsed.

The wounded robber was taken to Creighton University Medical Center, where he later died.

The man, Harry J. McCullough, was cited because he didn't have a permit that allowed him to carry the gun concealed."

Who was cited for what?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    God guys 1 bad guys 0, hopefully they caught the other turd

They did, indeed. In fact, it sounds like the armed citizen managed to do that, also. Dropped one, caught one... a good job by any standard!

I get a real kick from the fact that it looks like they cited the armed robber for carrying without a permit before he died... that'll learn him LOL.

The man, Harry J. McCullough, was cited because he didn't have a permit that allowed him to carry the gun concealed.

The second robbery suspect was detained until police arrived. The 17-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and use of a weapon to commit a felony.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Is anyone else confused by the wording of the story?

"A man who had a permit to carry a gun saw the robber point the weapon at the clerk and pulled out his handgun and shot the suspect multiple times, police said. The robber stumbled out of the store and collapsed.

The wounded robber was taken to Creighton University Medical Center, where he later died.

The man, Harry J. McCullough, was cited because he didn't have a permit that allowed him to carry the gun concealed."

Who was cited for what?

I'm very confused, it seems to me the PD cited the good guy for carrying concealed with out the proper permit, but earlier in the story it reads he had a permit. I'm lost, does Nebraska have 2 different type of permits?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    A permit is required to buy a handgun in Nebraska. A separate CCW is required to carry any weapon that is completely concealed. Open carry is legal. This is a synopsis from Nebraska Administrative Code.Title 272, Chapter 21

Here is a link to the code http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/Docs/Forms/CCW_Rules_and_Regs.pdf

And a link to Nebraska Firearms Owners Association explaining their laws. Legislation

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    what scares me about situations like this is what if the woman behind the robber is a gun hating person.. and even just one fragment of the bullet, or the whole bullet goes through the robber and hits her? she sues you and wins because you shot her, you go to jail for shooting her etc.. normal people arent allowed the same collateral damage that LEOs are..

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    If criminals thought the probability was high that they would encounter a store full of people with guns in the holsters and purses, then this kind of crime would cease to happen. How often have you heard of a gun shop being robbed?!
    dons twice that i knwo of fortliberty and pops guns :dunno:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    what scares me about situations like this is what if the woman behind the robber is a gun hating person.. and even just one fragment of the bullet, or the whole bullet goes through the robber and hits her? she sues you and wins because you shot her, you go to jail for shooting her etc.. normal people arent allowed the same collateral damage that LEOs are..

everyone is a gun hater when ya got one pointed at your head...but i bet she lost that hate for guns when she saw the perp stagger out and hit the pavement.....:rockwoot:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If criminals thought the probability was high that they would encounter a store full of people with guns in the holsters and purses, then this kind of crime would cease to happen. How often have you heard of a gun shop being robbed?!

quote=furbymac;1004751]dons twice that i knwo of fortliberty and pops guns :dunno:[/quote]

Actually these places were burglerized, a robbery is when they go into a place when people are there.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    A co-worker of mine suggested that each time you have a legitimate intervention such as this one, the armed citizen should receive $100k tax free. Interesting concept. . . . .of course you would have to have some limitations like perhaps no more than 5/year. Any thoughts?

hmmm

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    It seems that IMPD thinks the armed citizen is capable of deterring crime. I recently heard a news story that IMPD was requiring convicted burglers to attend a meeting where they played tapes of 911 calls in which yo could hear the BG being shot by the resident. I guess they thought it would convince them to find another line of work. Too bad the police won't release such statements to the papers.

Top Bottom