• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You guys are killing me. I was planning on buying one of these waffen works 74's this weekend and now that you guys made a video there probably won't be any left by the time I have to drive past the store for a class this weekend. I was hoping nobody else would find out about these 74's until after I bought one or two.

How big of a supply are there of these rifles? I know we're running out of time for buy guns and mags but I'm hoping there's just enough left for me to be able pick up a few more things.

Thanks for the video.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    $700 @ AGS Armament & Consulting (site supporter). You won't even touch an arsenal for that amount and century wasr's are getting harder to find under $600.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    $700 @ AGS Armament & Consulting (site supporter). You won't even touch an arsenal for that amount and century wasr's are getting harder to find under $600.

Whew $700.....An online site has them for $640 with free shipping. Combine that with 7% tax and you are looking at $749 local. If somebody matched the price local, I wouldn't mind paying the tax. $100 more local is kind of a lot. Just sayin'.:ingo:

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Whew $700.....An online site has them for $640 with free shipping. Combine that with 7% tax and you are looking at $749 local. If somebody matched the price local, I wouldn't mind paying the tax. $100 more local is kind of a lot. Just sayin'.:ingo:
    Call them and ask then if they have them in stock. :) As of this past Monday there are only two distributors in the US, and AGS is one of them. Since your in Bloomington have your local FFL call AGS and order one. He will make a fair profit and you will get your AK at a reasonable price.

$700 @ AGS Armament & Consulting (site supporter).

FYI, AGS does not do retail walk in sales, but 21ST Century Firearms will match that price. There are several dealers right now that have purchased from AGS, so look for them at your local dealer.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    So does Aimsurplus get them from AGS or Atlantic Firearms and then mark them down for $639? Just wondering:dunno:
    As of Monday the MAP is $699.00. Aim does not have any in stock and when and if they do get some the MAP will be $699.00. It is up to them from which company they wish to purchase from.
    If you would like one go to your local dealer and ask him for his best price and tell him there are two places that have them in stock. All dealers including ourselves are required to follow manufactures MAP policy, however if they choose to not advertise and sell to you below 699.00 it is up to them and does not violate the MAP policy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I checked some of these out at bradis today...

They were put together with obviously much better parts than century guns but they have all the typical signs of a parts kit gun. In essence, it's just a more pricey wasr.

The bolts were sticky on all of them, some so bad it took a decent amount of force to get it to close again.

Just posting my experiences, since I'm sure a lot of people are waiting to know something.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm looking forward to yeagers review. I'm curious what he'll think after he puts it through it's paces. I'm guessing he's gonna like them.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Waffen Werks 74

Picked up my second one today for the BOSS "wife" only complaint is the price jump from a little less than a year ago from $639 to $750 talk about a jump. But overall finish is great fit is good the saftey is stiff as all get out. 200 rounds when I got home no issues. Perfect mid priced gun in my opinion. But opinions are like........elbows you may have one or two.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I checked some of these out at bradis today...

They were put together with obviously much better parts than century guns but they have all the typical signs of a parts kit gun. In essence, it's just a more pricey wasr.

The bolts were sticky on all of them, some so bad it took a decent amount of force to get it to close again.

Just posting my experiences, since I'm sure a lot of people are waiting to know something.
    What are these "typical signs" that you speak of?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What are these "typical signs" that you speak of?

Bolt binding between the hammer and dust cover.

That seems to be the calling card of a parts kit gun. I can't picture it cycling like that.

Seems the hammer needs shaved/polished down quite a bit and the dust cover needs bent.

Also, as has already been made mention of, the safety was obscenely stiff on the ones I picked up. Now I wish I would have took a little more time to check the alignment on the scope rail. All my saigas/veprs have the rail regulated to the same spot, so I can swap optics between guns with little to no difference in zero.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Thats not typically of a parts kit gun, that is typical of a Tapco G2 trigger.

The key is to not slowly hand cycle the bolt over the hammer. The bolt carrier can/will hang on the hammer of a Tapco G2 if you run it slowly. Pull it back and let it go, and it will run all the way home.

Also, it probably has nothing to do with the dust cover. If the dust cover is rubbing the bolt, then someone has beat the living crap out of it with a boulder. There is ample room.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thats not typically of a parts kit gun, that is typical of a Tapco G2 trigger.

The key is to not slowly hand cycle the bolt over the hammer. The bolt carrier can/will hang on the hammer of a Tapco G2 if you run it slowly. Pull it back and let it go, and it will run all the way home.

Also, it probably has nothing to do with the dust cover. If the dust cover is rubbing the bolt, then someone has beat the living crap out of it with a boulder. There is ample room.

I've caught the dust cover binding up bolts even with the hammer removed, on various kit guns.

I think the companies put a hard pinch on the cover to make it fit the receiver tighter, which in turn causes the ejection port area to contact the bolt.

But yea, I know what you're saying about the G2 triggers, but regardless, it shouldn't be possible to get the bolt hung up even slowly cycling the bolt. That's really cutting it close and giving a lot of room for possible malfunctions.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've shot a LOT of aks that will hang on the tapco hammer when handle cycling that never fail when actually shooting.

that said I like arsenal FCGs better ;)

Top Bottom