• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    These 74s from Waffen Werks look great. I handled one for the first time today an am impressed. I know so far we have two INGO advertisers carrying them:

21st Century Firearms and Bradis Guns

Evan and I visited 21st Century today and shot a video of David and James talking about these guns. Worth a close look if you are in the market!

http://youtu.be/S1wOm_jo508

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You are an AK master sir. What is your opinion on these rifles?

I just built one up today with an MFT forearm system, Ergo pistol grip and VLTOR stock adapter and iMod stock. Everything on the rifle was tight and straight, and the finish (appears to be Gunkote or something similar) was evenly applied and looked good, although it did make operating the safety and gas tube/handguard release levers a bit difficult at first.

The wood furniture was typical Bulgarian surplus with their nasty brown paint on it. The lower handguard had several fairly large dings/gouges in it, and the buttstock had some spots where the paint finish was coming off. The furniture on the other guns we got in was much better, which is why we decided to use this one for our build. The MFT handguard went on after a bit of persuasion with a rubber mallet to get it fully seated, while the Ergo grip and VLTOR adapter literally dropped in and screwed into place.

Overall, these are probably the best "production kit build" AK-74s I've seen – quality appears MUCH better than the Century and TGI guns we've sold in the past – and the price is very competitive.

OK, maybe I'll do that video review after all...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I've been wanting to try one of their '74s for a bit. I saw a thread on here once about a chamber issue, that was immediately resolved by WW and that impressed me. I prefer my 47's to my 74's so i need to sell something to justify another purchase. The furniture would look great refinished. That Tapco mag has got to go though *puke*. I'd like to see if there is any wobble with slabsides or bakelites. Id also like to see accuracy at 100 yards. Shooter if you do a video and it shows there isn't any wobble in the mags, and its a good shooter, I promise I'll buy one from you in Feb (need $ recovery from xmas).

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Looks like the desert must be running out of sand! :D

I just buy all my people lavish gifts for christmas. Want to know who's NOT getting a visit from futon santa and his magical fiero pulled by 8 tiny Tom Selecks? Someone with a keyboard and a lot of time on his hands.

There is just a cash threshold that i'm not comfortable going under. I don't like to go from the 1% of america to the 2% that everyone envies, it just doesn't sound as impressive when i say it.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I just buy all my people lavish gifts for christmas. Want to know who's NOT getting a visit from futon santa and his magical fiero pulled by 8 tiny Tom Selecks? Someone with a keyboard and a lot of time on his hands.

There is just a cash threshold that i'm not comfortable going under. I don't like to go from the 1% of america to the 2% that everyone envies, it just doesn't sound as impressive when i say it.

Twas a joke sir, please do not withhold the futon santa visit, I wait up for that magical fiero every year. I guess I should have wrote in purple.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    That's right you should've.

Futon Santa's fun facts:
    Tom Selecks glowing red nose isn't magical, he just does a lot of blow. All the bronzing oil and body glitter helps futon santa slide down the chimney, so don't question his motives.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Fenway I thought you said that was Britton in that video? I want to know who confused Britton with Steven Seagal. How in the heck did you get them both in Bluffton at the same time?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been wanting to try one of their '74s for a bit. I saw a thread on here once about a chamber issue, that was immediately resolved by WW and that impressed me. I prefer my 47's to my 74's so i need to sell something to justify another purchase. The furniture would look great refinished. That Tapco mag has got to go though *puke*. I'd like to see if there is any wobble with slabsides or bakelites. Id also like to see accuracy at 100 yards. Shooter if you do a video and it shows there isn't any wobble in the mags, and its a good shooter, I promise I'll buy one from you in Feb (need $ recovery from xmas).

That particlar chamber issue happened to me...

Rifle fed, fired, and extracted fine before I discovered the issue (admittedly was just a few mags' worth, no abuse) - I just didn't want a chamber to be like that. WW replaced the barrel - shipped it back to me with a few mags. Then I sold it. :n00b:

Top Bottom