• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Well here it is. This furniture change has mentally exhausted me. VZ2008 with FAB Defense furniture from Mako Group, BSA 1X RGB Dot, Leapers UTG Bipod
    Before
    picture.php

After
    picture.php

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    definitely "tactikool" looking but have you ever fired an AK? I'm not sure I'd ever try to stick a VFG and bipod on one...

I can understand the desire for a red dot but the "M4Everything" method of modifying firearms just isn't for me.:dunno:

The rifle in the OP would be a thing of beauty if only it had a stock that matched the foregrip.....:twocents:

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    definitely "tactikool" looking but have you ever fired an AK? I'm not sure I'd ever try to stick a VFG and bipod on one...

I can understand the desire for a red dot but the "M4Everything" method of modifying firearms just isn't for me.:dunno:

The rifle in the OP would be a thing of beauty if only it had a stock that matched the foregrip.....:twocents:

This build was for a friend I work with, he said he wanted the VFG which is actually the FAB Defense VFG that goes with the stock system, the Bipod and RGB dot. my job was to order the stuff he wanted and put it on the rifle, and yes I have an AK and agree with you on the VFG and Bipod, but like I said He told me what he wanted and I put it on the rifle, hes coming to pick it up today I hope he likes.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This build was for a friend I work with, he said he wanted the VFG which is actually the FAB Defense VFG that goes with the stock system, the Bipod and RGB dot. my job was to order the stuff he wanted and put it on the rifle, and yes I have an AK and agree with you on the VFG and Bipod, but like I said He told me what he wanted and I put it on the rifle, hes coming to pick it up today I hope he likes.

If it's what he wanted, I'm sure he'll like it. It's pretty cool regardless to tear down and rebuild firearms for laypersons like myself.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    If it's what he wanted, I'm sure he'll like it. It's pretty cool regardless to tear down and rebuild firearms for laypersons like myself.
    I have a lot of fun with it. I didnt know when I bought a Dremmel a few years ago, it would be one of the best tool investments I'd ever make.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Actually the only thing a VZ58 (or what ever the manufacturer wants to call their ATF approved copies) has nothing in common with the AK except the ammo.

And I do agree that if you want a rifle that looks like an M4gery, get an M4gery. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously jason765, it is your rifle and if you are happy with it, that is all that truly matters.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Actually the only thing a VZ58 (or what ever the manufacturer wants to call their ATF approved copies) has nothing in common with the AK except the ammo.

**Edited** Found some other pics online, yeah very different rifle even though his original pic looks like an AK, once you get up close you can see they clearly aren't AK's. I thought it was just another "knockoff" manufacturer...

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Looks good, have you shot it yet?
    I shot it before the upgrades. The rifle belongs to a guy I work with. He wasnt happy with the furniture and he knows I like to tinker, so he told me what he wanted, gave me the money and I hooked it up for him. He had no idea what it was going to look like so he was pretty excited to get it back. I texted him this morning that it was done and he drove right out to get it. (about an hour drive one way). He was very happy with it and thats all I could hope for.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for putting up those mods Jason.

I do like Czech steel (my mom is from the Brno area).

I think for the price, the vz2008 is my next rifle. I'm leary about Century, though. But I'll take the chance when the right deal comes around.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Thanks for putting up those mods Jason.

I do like Czech steel (my mom is from the Brno area).

I think for the price, the vz2008 is my next rifle. I'm leary about Century, though. But I'll take the chance when the right deal comes around.
    Dont sleep on this rifle, this is the best thing century has ever done IMO, I had to basically finish my WASR before it would even cycle, but this thing came out of the box flawless. the furniture is kind of ugly but they are superior to the AK in every mechanical way, also IMO. I will be buying one for myself soon.

Top Bottom