• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I tried reloading some of this and the primers are different than anything I have ran across. This brass is stamped VPT, which I have read stands for Valtion Patruunatehdas.
    It broke my deprimer pin. Not sure but the primers on these look like they will not come out. Just thought I would share what happened. Has any one else run across this stuff?

picture.php

Sorry about the lousy pics, but if you look close you can see the difference. VPT on the left and Federal on the right.

picture.php

Last edited:

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    berdan primers on the left not easly reloadable, It could be reloaded but not worth the trouble for a easy to find brass round heck I have I quess about 5 or 6 k of reloadable 9mm that I will never use and will end up selling them for scrap just because no one even wants them at 20.00 per 1000

To me 2 flash holes = scrap

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Berdan primed. Definitely scrap, dont even bother. Now, the red gunk in the primer pocket can make a boxer primed (the normal, reloadable kind) difficult to deprime, but not impossible, and it shouldnt break your depriming pin, just a little more difficult than usual.

Top Bottom