• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I vote in an American Legion. Per the people in charge a few years ago, when I was a member, they don't want people carrying in there. I carry anyway.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In Johnson County, I'm able to vote at any polling place. The one I chose did have a daycare, though, so I just empty-holstered it. Was absolutely no one there.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    You should be able to legally carry in any voting place unless it is already a designated mass killing zone such as a school, government office, etc.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    You behave.

Yes, Unless you are in or around South Bend. Then you have the JBT Firemen AND Police after ya. Glad it worked out for Clay though. Curious as to the specific result of the case. I know he won, but it is a shame that the damages aren't published.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I was going to "open carry" my original Nixon/ Agnew campaign button into my polling place today. My wife didn't think that was a good idea (sometimes she's just no fun at all), so I wore it to work right above my "I voted" sticker. At least I know Mr. Habib and Rick60 can appreciate it. :):

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Safe and successful at the VFW. I think I could have taken any of the jack booted poll workers since they were all little old ladies. Trouble is they are my neighbors and would probably come get me while I am sleeping.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I was going to "open carry" my original Nixon/ Agnew campaign button into my polling place today. My wife didn't think that was a good idea (sometimes she's just no fun at all), so I wore it to work right above my "I voted" sticker. At least I know Mr. Habib and Rick60 can appreciate it. :):

I just appreciate not being old enough to have one:D

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Unfortunately they moved my polling place from a location that I could legally carry to a location that I would deem questionable so I chose to err on caution.

The polling worker had an attitude. She asked for my signature and I gave a sarcastic "Oh, I suppose." "Geez, it's not like I asked for your Mastercard!" was her snarling response.

This is the same poll worker that got her knickers in a twist because I kept telling her that she had no right to tell people to stay off their phones while waiting in line during the last major election, and who just about got torn to shreds by Sockmonkey for attempting to "dicipline" our son while he was playing in the other part of the church when he was waiting for us.

If I had wanted to throw a fit, I would have demanded a different poll worker. But seeing as how I had no problem getting in and out to vote this time, discretion was the better part of valor.

One of the campaigners outside the building called me a "terrorist" due to the bandanna I wear around my face under my motorcycle helmet.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The polling worker had an attitude. She asked for my signature and I gave a sarcastic "Oh, I suppose." "Geez, it's not like I asked for your Mastercard!" was her snarling response.
    They must have drilled "signature checks" into their heads this year. They guy checking me in commented that my "signature was shorter" than the example they had in the book. He then kinda stared at me like he was waiting for a response. After a few seconds, I got my little card and was directed to the machine.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the kids working check in at my polling place were still in high school... Either that or I'm getting old

Top Bottom